Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: An odd HG612 Modem image issue  (Read 4205 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: An odd HG612 Modem image issue
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »

Exactly. The text file version should be only a temporary file using data from the Plink log that is auto-deleted once it has been converted to a jpg.

It therefore seems that something is going wrong at conversion from text to jpg stage.

@Bowdon, could you please post a copy of the pbParams file for us to examine?

Just in case the graphing program is the cause of the issue (GRAPH6.exe), I have attached a copy of the latest version to try (v 5.2.0.3).

I have also attached a copy of the pbParams-20160309-1004.jpg created from Bowdon's Plink log on my PC.

Ok, I updated the GRAPH6.exe and ran the tests again and now its working! :)

I noticed when I renamed the old version and put this in, Avast analysed it, which caused an error, but it did plot the graph. Avast OK'ed the file. So I waited another minute and ran the test again and all images and files are displaying correctly.

When you asked for the pbParams file, which directory is that in? Or do you mean you want me to upload the pbParams jpg?

I have another HG612 modem on standby with the updated firmware on. At the moment I've not got DLM on the line (been like that since OR fixed a fault on a connector at the cabinet). If the connection takes a tumble and we're hearing G.INP is around I'll make the swap over.

I've had some minor issues with the router recently so I'm just enjoying some fault free time  ;D

Thanks for you guys help :)
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »

I'll add the pbParams image now its working.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 11:24:15 PM »

When you asked for the pbParams file, which directory is that in? Or do you mean you want me to upload the pbParams jpg?

I did mean the 'defective' pbParams-20160309-1004.jpg file, but you may well have overwritten that particular file in the folder that includes 20160309-1004 in its name now that you have it working again.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 11:30:17 PM »

I've got this file. Ill attach it.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 11:45:07 PM »

I can't explain what might have happened there.

The jpg file that you posted does seem to actually show a picture/screenshot of a hex editor's or viewer's view of a plain text file.

It's almost as though the file had been renamed from txt to jpg part way through the conversion process.

No matter though as you are now able to generate the files correctly again.

Pages: 1 [2]

anything