Computer Software > General software

SpeedFan - does anyone use this?

(1/2) > >>

Bowdon:
I'm having big problems with the asus suite 3. It keeps throwing up all kinds of errors and also seems to interfere with my usb ports.

I've looked up on the rog motherboard website and it seems to be a big issue. People have removed it and used other programs instead. Speedfan seems to be a favourite with some people.

Does anyone use it on here? What do you think of it?

Ronski:
Why do you even need speed fan, most modern motherboards have fan profiles in the bios.

Bowdon:

--- Quote from: Ronski on March 07, 2016, 03:33:07 PM ---Why do you even need speed fan, most modern motherboards have fan profiles in the bios.

--- End quote ---

You make a good point. I guess I like to look at the fan speeds lol. It goes back to when i was testing this other computer when my fan started acting weird and i got a bit paranoid about it lol.

I'll see if i can figure out how to uninstall this asus suite 3.. apparently its a bit of a rubbish uninstaller.

loonylion:

--- Quote from: Ronski on March 07, 2016, 03:33:07 PM ---Why do you even need speed fan, most modern motherboards have fan profiles in the bios.

--- End quote ---

for monitoring temperatures, I never use the fan control part of it.

Ronski:
I use various software for monitoring temperatures, on W7 I have a widget which works together with Core Temp which can be used on it's own. I've also used Real Temp and Hardware Monitor (by CPUID) which does show fan speed.

Once I have my over clocks stable I don't tend to monitor temperature much, I tend to set my fans to run silently, so if temperatures do get too hot then I'd hear the fans getting louder. If a fan failed then temperatures may rise so the other fans would get louder. My X99 6 core runs silently unless it's working hard - it's set to turbo boost to 4.5Ghz. It is possible to set alarms in the BIOS, so if a fan fails you get an audible warning, but this is not good for me as I tend to set my fans to be off under a certain temperature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version