Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Cuckoo Oak Exchange  (Read 4067 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
The Cuckoo Oak Exchange
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:16:16 AM »

[Moderator note: This post and its subsequent posts have been split from the existing thread due to the off-topic nature of the contents.]

Got email from openreach ian binks was confirmed that my exchange cuckoo oak will be bringing g.fast to 27 cabinets by 2018. :) My cabinet was 200 meter away from my house. At present I am connected to maximum sync speed of 79999/19999 since Feb 2014.

Code: [Select]
System Up-Time 340D 17H 36M 57S
B0 Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps) 19999
B0 Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps) 79999
Downstream Upstream
Line Coding (Trellis) On On
SNR Margin (dB) 14.7 15.7
Attenuation (dB) 11.3 0.0
Output Power (dBm) 12.5 -1.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 110102 39903
Rate (Kbps) 79999 19999
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:32:53 PM by burakkucat »

thesmileyone

Re: The Cuckoo Oak Exchange
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:49:54 PM »

Wow, lucky you! At one property I was told that even though the cabinet was within spitting distance (ie, I could see it, across the road, about 30m from the house) I was too close to it and so I was stuck on an exchange only line for 4 years!

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 12:47:34 AM »

Got email from openreach ian binks was confirmed that my exchange cuckoo oak will be bringing g.fast to 27 cabinets by 2018. :) My cabinet was 200 meter away from my house. At present I am connected to maximum sync speed of 79999/19999 since Feb 2014.

Code: [Select]
System Up-Time 340D 17H 36M 57S
B0 Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps) 19999
B0 Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps) 79999
Downstream Upstream
Line Coding (Trellis) On On
SNR Margin (dB) 14.7 15.7
Attenuation (dB) 11.3 0.0
Output Power (dBm) 12.5 -1.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps) 110102 39903
Rate (Kbps) 79999 19999
you sure you read that right? some PCP's only serve a couple dozen homes. half the cabinets in your exchange don't have FTTC yet. I doubt they've finalised plans for the upcoming extended trials never mind 2018!!
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 01:37:07 AM »

26 cabinets will be fully active by FTTC by summer 2017, only 1% of cabinet won't be planned (I guess this one will be exchange only - possible FTTP) then the rest of 27 cabinets will go live for g.fast by late 2018.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 03:45:42 AM »

I'd just be very surprised if that actually happens. Especially all the BDUK cabinets. BT/OR only plan to reach 10 million homes by 2020. I don't think they would complete an entire exchange so quickly, rather than selectively pick PCP's where they'll get the best results, both financial return and coverage targets. There's also a reason 1 cab isn't getting FTTC, it may only serve a few properties. They will most likely be more rural and most likely have ADSL, not FTTP. If a cabinet doesn't benefit from VDSL2/LR-VDSL2 then why would it be such a priority for OpenReach to install a G.Fast DSLAM early in the rollout.

Many reasons why I think it won't happen. Just my opinion, but the more I think about it the more I doubt the claim.

edit: and 26 of 27 is 3.7%. sorry lol
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:49:09 AM by j0hn »

c6em

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »

you sure you read that right? some PCP's only serve a couple dozen homes. half the cabinets in your exchange don't have FTTC yet. I doubt they've finalised plans for the upcoming extended trials never mind 2018!!

John
I have poster @adslmax on ignore so I don't have to read the rubbish.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »

I've asked someone a couple of rungs up the ladder from Ian Binks what the score is here.

I'd be pretty surprised if BT Group know which cabinets are being enabled in non-trial areas by 2018.
I'd be even more surprised if BT Group are going to cover all cabinets on an exchange where 11 of 27 don't have FTTC yet and a further one has no plans for it even now.
Most surprising of all would be a Regional Partnership Director giving such commercially sensitive, confidential information to a random person on the Internet.

I have dealt with Regional Partnership Director level. Those I have dealt with were extremely mindful of confidentiality, you don't get to that level in an organisation like BT with loose lips, and any even remotely sensitive information was provided verbally, not in writing, under strict condition of my preserving its confidentiality.

If BT Group do have such information I think their customers, the CPs, deserve it before randoms online, and in turn the rest of us can find it out. For Ian Binks to have provided this information would've been a huge no-no.

If Ian Binks didn't give this information he should probably be made aware that some random online is making things up about him that risk his job. He'll probably be quite aware of who that person is as he'll have likely had dealings with them in the past.

Of course I can't exclude that he could've just written whatever to said person to get rid of them, as they've a history of obsessively contacting various people in BT.

It goes a tad beyond the usual nonsense you find online when a man's job is being put in jeopardy.

The feedback I've had so far on my request is that the matter is being taken very seriously. Now would be a good time for any retractions that are required to be made.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:36:37 PM by Ignitionnet »

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:31 PM »

Got email from openreach ian binks was confirmed that my exchange cuckoo oak will be bringing g.fast to 27 cabinets by 2018.

Just waiting for feedback and been assured I'll hear back either way, but on another point Ian Binks doesn't work for Openreach.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 09:32:51 AM »

Will know more today or tomorrow. Ian's been out of office.

Still time to make any clarifications that might be necessary.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »

Another email from openreach, this time not from Ian. Different person has confirmed that no one's at openreach headquarters wouldn't know of which exchange or caninets for g.fast roll out next year. So, he say for Cuckoo Oak as a smaller exchange might not getting g.fast but probably very few cabinets will benefits from it, more likely my cabinet wouldn't get it. :( He say have to wait next summer for BT to confirmed phase 1 roll out lists on the ispreview or thinkbroadband or on the openreach press release.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 06:39:22 PM »

So Ian is not aware of any plans for roll out to Cuckoo Oak and hasn't told anyone about them.

I'm not going to comment on what I think of you but suffice to say it's not complimentary.

You are suddenly talking about G.fast rollout next year when you were claiming you had been told the score by Ian as of the end of 2018.

Neither Ian, who works for BT Group, or Openreach could or would to the public give any kind of idea which cabinets will be getting G.fast beyond the trial exchanges already announced.

By posting this nonsense you've exposed Ian to investigation by the rest of the company for exposing company confidential information. What a crappy thing to do. You've risked a man's livelihood to indulge your own fantasies.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »

Another email from openreach, this time not from Ian.
I doubt the 1st email was either.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 10:33:38 AM »

So the info you gave both on here and Thinkbroadband, was it a misinterpretation by you or what?
With all due respect, you do have a habit of posting on various forums without thinking of consequences :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 10:49:03 AM »

----
ETA

Just seen Ignitionnets updated post on TBB
Ian doesn't work for Openreach. According to him he told you nothing.

How dare you name drop someone to indulge your own fantasies. Your nonsense could've cost the man his job.

:no:

I think that says it all.   
Locking this thread because it serves no further purpose.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything