Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Vodafone broadband  (Read 44910 times)

coder-r

• Just arrived
Re: Vodafone broadband
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »

My username is similar dsl000232***@broadband.vodafone.co.uk.

Can i ask what settings you are using on your router?  :)

domski

• Just arrived
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2016, 11:33:54 AM »

I am on VF Connect Firmware version: 5.4.8.1.160.13.77 but heard they are rolling out new Firmware 5.4.8.1.271.1.41.
It has been delayed but you can disable DHCP & use Bridge mode apparently in new software.

;D

coder-r

• Just arrived
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »

Yeah heard about that. But its been put on hold due to numerous bugs. I dont trust Vodafone anymore with coming out with any consistent updates, they have been talking a about this update since December last year. I managed to get out my contract without any early termination fees by complaining to OFCOM and then writing Vodafone a letter.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2016, 01:24:25 AM »

When you're using the Huawei HG612 and enter the username and get an I.P and 2 DNS servers, if it works like other ISP's then that's coming from TR-069 and nothing to do with the internet connection.

have you simply tried bridge > ip bridged/pppoe bridged with a vlan101, and with no username or password?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »

Good news!! It appears Vodafone are now giving out broadband usernames & passwords if you make it clear that you take full responsibility for using your own router. You may need to call them a few times though.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Vodafone-connect-router-DHCP-settings/m-p/2506988#M20334

Personally, i may take out a second FTTC line on their Business offering primarily to get a static IP, will call them soon to see what sort of deal they can offer me.

bisty

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2017, 09:29:27 PM »

If you've searched and stumbled across this forum looking to see if you can use your own router with Vodafone, the answer is YES!
I obtained my username/password from a very helpful chap from Vodafone Broadband helpdesk, and now I'm happily using my own router.

This has resolved my issue, many thanks for all your posts, and thanks for reading.

JimmyBananas

• Just arrived
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »

I had the same experience - Vodafone's router is garbage. There is a long thread (http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,18911.0.html) that describes how to hack into the router and then extract your password from the hash key sent to the exchange. But as you have found, they are now giving out usernames and passwords allowing you to use your own hardware.

I was getting continual reconnects using their router, they admitted it was so bad that I was allowed to cancel my contract even though it was just outside their cooling off period. While waiting for EE to start their service I asked for my password and was given it once I had confirmed that I was using an Openreach supported device (amusingly, the Vodafone router is not on their list). Once I switched back to the old Plusnet kit I had been using previously I got a rock solid connection. The new EE router is doing just as good a job, not a single reconnect event.

They must have been haemorrhaging customers because of their terrible hardware and decided that handing out passwords was the only way to stop it.

EasternProvince

• Just arrived
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2017, 02:08:48 PM »

My suspicion is that the "autoconfig@broadband.vodafone.co.uk" string is related to Vodafone's implementation of TR-069.  :-\

Suggestion -- Try making an nmap scan for every physical port on the device. Who knows what might be seen?  ;)

If my dreaded HHG2500 has never been flashed up (go live date 14/08/2017), is it conceivable that I could get my TP-LINK W9970 to get the configuration via the CWMP facilty of the W9970?

The configurations settings I would need to enter are:-

WAN Management Protocol (also called TR-069) allows the Auto-Configuration Server (ACS) to perform auto-configuration, provision, collection, and diagnostics to this device. You may configure this function under your ISP's instructions.

CWMP:
Enable Disable

Inform:
Enable Disable

Inform Interval:

ACS URL:

ACS User name:

ACS Password:

Interface used by TR-069 client:

Display SOAP messages on serial console:
Enable Disable

Connection Request Authentication

Connection Request Username:

Connection Request Password:

Connection Request Path:

Connection Request Port:

Connection Request URL:

Any thoughts welcome.

[Moderator edited to remove the above URL.]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:35:09 PM by burakkucat »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2017, 04:22:32 PM »

Why? Just request your username and password from their support and use your own router.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »

It appears Vodafone are now giving out broadband usernames & passwords if you make it clear that you take full responsibility for using your own router. You may need to call them a few times though.

It makes no difference which modem/router your using with Vodafone when it comes to identifying line drops or sync issues Vodafone's Tech team only seem to see 24 hours worth of customers line data if you ask them how many drops/resyncs did I have in 7 days they won't be able to answer that question and that is using their own HHG2500.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:07:34 PM by NewtronStar »

chrisbuck99

• Just arrived
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 12:01:44 AM »

Can i ask why none of you have logged into your router via the grey wan port 192.168.1.1 password vodafone assigning your own DNS Server addresses 208.67.222.222 · 208.67.220.220 or just plugged directly into your CableTV, Cable Modem Coax from your system to another DNS Server other than Cable for instance.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/vodafone/vodafone_station_revolution
https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security
https://openvpn.net/

Do you know the difference between a token ring, Bus and Cable TV. Network As far as i'm aware when your disconnected from Cable they only pull your mac address from there DNS Server pool, no longer providing you a software assigned address for your registered mac! and have you ever wondered what would happen was you to list your own mac address, in a different pool, using that same cable (same cable- Different Carrier, unless theres a total disconnect or a no signal return in place preventing DHCP Discovery, then obviously it would fail, but you can't provide Tivo with a no signal return inplace, or a total disconnect.

Has anyone ever tried setting up there own network across Cabletv Network, using a BNC or Token ring network card or even converting the media type, curious to ask, because i often wonder is a modem (SuperHub) not just a BNC Video Balun, with an thardware addresses that cable can control, adding and removing those hardware addresses from the server pools, not only that but with the extra script makes setting up a pc and a connection, much simpler, remember the days of dial up and your Setup disks you used to get? with all your connection details, area code, region, dial up server number and the hassle it all caused (the SuperHub) contains all those settings, billing controls the pool, pulling and returning your mac address as your balance deems, all that information, the bill payer just deems it an essential part of the connection process, failing to understand that controlling all that information themselves and doing all there own configuration, when your hardware address isn't in the pool, your not getting another assigned software address. No one says you have to use that pool however, Aslong as there is a Tftp Server somewhere and a gateway to the rest of the worlds information, does hardwork not pay?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »

@chrisbuck99

I'm afraid your post doesnt make much sense to me.  You appear to be talking about cable connections.  :(
Vodafone uses DSL, PTM & CHAP authentication.  As such a username and password (not Mac address) is required to be able to connect. The vodafone box was locked down tight and it was no simple task to get this information. 

does hardwork not pay?

Yes it does.  An awful lot of combined man-hours by members of this forum actually found a way of hacking into the Vodafone HHG2500. 
Bishbashbosh was the first to achieve success in finding a way to extract the username and password, which then later had to be unencrypted by brute force. 

As a direct result of the hard work from several of our forum members, Vodafone has now changed their stance on issuing login information to their EU's as long as they are using an MCT approved modem.
You can see the full thread here  - There were at least 5 Vodafone techs crawling all over that thread once news got out that we'd managed to hack into the Vodafone router and successfully obtain the required login info. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »

Can i ask why none of you have logged into your router via the grey wan port 192.168.1.1 password vodafone assigning your own DNS Server addresses 208.67.222.222 · 208.67.220.220 or just plugged directly into your CableTV, Cable Modem Coax from your system to another DNS Server other than Cable for instance.
As Kitz pointed out, Vodafone don't do cable. The modem being discussed here is a xDSL modem.

Virgin Media are the only UK cable company who use coax. They don't authenticate the way you describe either. Sounds like you may be from the U.S/Canada.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]