Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Vodafone broadband

(1/12) > >>

bisty:
Hi all,

I have just had Vodafone broadband (FTTC) installed (changed from Tesco Broadband who are exiting the market).  So far, so good.  But I have a question I'm sure you clever people will be able to answer.

I would dearly love to re-use my FritzBox 7490 that I bought (for an exorbitant price) just 12 months ago, instead of consigning it to the garage.  However, Vodafone say I can't use my own router, and I must use their Vodafone Connect (Huawei 963168_HUAWEIVOX25). 

Does anyone know how I would obtain the Vodafone broadband username/password?  Is there some way I can "hack" into the Huawei to get this info?  Could it possibly be a default username/password?

Thanks for listening, I look forward to your answers.

Starman:
I would suggest trying to setup the 7490 perhaps using the Kitz ZyXEL guide if required for the actual exact settings and try entering your account username/password details. I'm fairly sure other than Sky most ISP use the same connection settings [vlan tagging etc].

Failing that - Are there any details within the config on their supplied router/modem for username and connection details? The reason they maybe requiring the use of their device is because I believe Vodafone are now offering their own OTT TV service or maybe I read that its coming sometime in the near future.

But word of warning if you're going to swap routers around too often you might invoke the wrath of the god that is DLM.

Dray:
Sky are the same too, it's just the username and password are presented a little differently.

Starman:
Ah Thanks Dray - not had any personal experience with Sky Fibre I just seem to remember an issue with DHCP 61 or some such.

bisty:
Thanks for your answer, Starman.  But it's my account username/password I need...Vodafone will NOT give me the details, and the Huawei web-interface that you log into (192.168.1.1) does not have any account details whatsoever.

Is it possible to Telnet into the Huawei, and if so, what is the command to view username/password?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version