Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: ECI dslam upgraded  (Read 23847 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: ECI dslam upgraded
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »

If the 0xb206 change is related to the changes in the EMP3050 ECI Release Notes, then there is nothing much of interest for end users.

The document does seem to relate to whats happening with peoples connections. Particularly when it says "Retrain times on the V3 card – CPE may see benefits/reduction in sync times when a V3 card retrains."

Though I wonder if some of it is cosmetic as the document seems to say they are replacing 204 cards because of malfunctions and missing information.

I do wonder though if G.INP is coming to eci at all. I'd have thought that if they were doing this nationwide replacement of cards then now would have been the time to release the G.INP function too, or at least be updating the cards to be able to do that. But there is no mention of G.INP in the document.

I'm not sure how you got access to the document. But it would be interesting to see if there are any more recent documents.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »

If the 0xb206 change is related to the changes in the EMP3050 ECI Release Notes, then there is nothing much of interest for end users.

I'd say some of these fixes with this update sound quite interesting for end users:

Code: [Select]
Ethernet OAM 802.3ah Loopback: Timer not getting updated when the same timer value is
set again.
Silent Stuck Ports
VTUC v3 fails to accept profiles following upgrade
V3 Config and software load on first install issues
Power Status reporting in 15-min DLM file
EOPs GUI – Margin & Attenuation information missing from Broadcom modems on long
lines
The number of profiles shows wrong number in dropdown at “select DSL VOP profiles” page
V21 failures when sending parallel profile to multiple ports on same ECI DSLAM
Time Errors in PM Data
PM Data Missing
Increased Upstream FEC Count

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »

I'm not sure how you got access to the document. But it would be interesting to see if there are any more recent documents.

It's publicly available on the Openreach website, the link is on https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/cpeenablement/cpeenablement.do

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2016, 05:14:57 PM »

Something else has also changed as my errors have dropped from 1500 per day to 350 -400 per day. Up stream speed dropped from 8200 ish to 7800 ish and down has dropped a small fraction but nothing to shout about.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »

my US errors have gone up, and I put it down to a different spread of US bitloading as my US snrm across the 3 US frequencies is spread differently to when I was on 204, I expect this is something that is calculated at sync time based on the power management and as such can cause variances in error rates from one sync to the next.

As soon as I observed my chipset version increased, I did try to get information if a g.inp rollout is incoming but heard nothing back thats positive :(

The only person I know off who has said it may be coming is black sheep a few backs in a reply he made to when I commented there was no ECI g.inp profiles setup.

Given the risk of problems a firmware/card change can introduce tho I wonder if openreach would bother to upgrade firmware for minor fixes.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:31 PM »

my US errors have gone up, and I put it down to a different spread of US bitloading as my US snrm across the 3 US frequencies is spread differently to when I was on 204, I expect this is something that is calculated at sync time based on the power management and as such can cause variances in error rates from one sync to the next.

As soon as I observed my chipset version increased, I did try to get information if a g.inp rollout is incoming but heard nothing back thats positive :(

The only person I know off who has said it may be coming is black sheep a few backs in a reply he made to when I commented there was no ECI g.inp profiles setup.

Given the risk of problems a firmware/card change can introduce tho I wonder if openreach would bother to upgrade firmware for minor fixes.

Patience.  ;)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:19 PM »

Us ECI cabinet users have had a year of patience. come on Black sheep give us a nice big clue

forceware

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2016, 10:33:18 PM »

I feel that is a big clue.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »

I'm still on 0xb204 at work and at home.  Our up time here at work is currently 49 days and 21 days at home.

I'm still patiently waiting BS.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]