Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Media Sound issue  (Read 8440 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Media Sound issue
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:54:47 PM »

Having weird sound issue on channel 4 HD I am currently watching oblivion on Windows 8.1 with Media centre the sound is fine during movie and ok during the advert break but once it switch's back to the movie the sound is lost yet the video is running fine.

The only way to get sound back is to exit media centre and start it again it works fine again until the adverts move back to the movie and sound lost again this only seems to happens on channel 4 HD very confused.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Media Sound issue
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:53:53 AM »

I don't know how to fix it, but I suspect the sound format is different for the adverts and that's what's triggering it.Have you installed any codecs or codec packs, if so might be worth updating them.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:24:48 PM »

Have installed K-Lite codecs on Vista but not on Win8.1 will give that a go.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:15:49 PM »

Also seeing this Audio sound issue on Vista when using PCTV Media center but this time i don't lose the audio when it changes from adverts to program/movies the sound goes into slow motion play back though the HD video is fine

Again only happens on Channel4 HD need to get this sorted before Gran Prix 2016 season starts  :o
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:23:20 PM by NewtronStar »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »

What's it say for the audio track during a commercial?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:32:34 PM »

Don't think it changes ronski the audio settings is set as AAC by default for all channels though I can change it to MPEG2 AC3 and EAC3 but don't notice any difference, it's not the first time i have come across this issue would say have had it for a year on Vista, Win8.1 on media centre has been perfect on all TV broadcast SD & HD with good 5.1 surround sound on some channels/movies

Unless channel 4 HD has changed something in the broacasting signal and why does it only effect channel4 HD or +1 and not the others  ???