Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Just Cloud  (Read 3795 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Just Cloud
« on: December 23, 2015, 08:43:32 PM »

I may have already asked about this one, if so I apologies.

I keep getting this email which I feel is a phishing attempt, or am I becoming paranoid?

Very best wishes for Christmas and the new year, and thanks for all the help received over the last years.

Peter,

Hi Peter,

It's Gabriel again, your account manager at JustCloud.

I recently sent you an important email regarding your file security expiration, and wanted to follow up before the Christmas holidays begin.

As previously mentioned, your computer and it's contents are both exposed to fatal hard drive failure, harmful viruses and even accidental deletion.

Peter, although I cannot extend your free license beyond this week I do want to help prevent your photos & documents from being deleted.

You can simply use the link below and we can protect your files instantly for only £1.00.

http://mail.justcloud.com/mtmsyaBE
Once you have upgraded our application will run silently in the background to ensure you are safe-guarded should the worst happen.

Peter, make the smart decision today and keep your family photos safe!

Merry Christmas,

Gabriel
Account Manager
JustCloud

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Just Cloud
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »

I see nothing there to suggest phishing, it is more likely just spam.  And from my position of ignorance,  it does look like rather nasty spam -  seemingly attempting to scaremonger people into paying for a service that is probably not needed.  :(

From a quick web search justcloud appear to be a genuine company but, based on that spam, not one that I would choose to do business with or indeed touch with the proverbial barge pole.  :D

Just my opinions, based on the info provided in this thread and a couple of minutes web searching.   I may be wrong, they could be pillars of society.   ::)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »

You only need Google it to find out it's a big con....

http://www.backupreview.com/mypcbackup-justcloud-zipcloud/

and loads more...

I tried it some time back but could never recover any files from the free version - they wanted money to do so...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »

I tried it some time back but could never recover any files from the free version - they wanted money to do so...

What would worry me more is not whether I could recover my files, but rather what rights I might have granted them to use and distribute said files, when clicking 'I agree' to their T&C on sign up.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 05:29:04 AM »

Stinks to high heaven.

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 11:28:20 AM »

Many thanks Gents and ladies, I shall block it henceforth.

Wishing you all a very cool Yule.

Peter

anything