Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DLink modem firmware  (Read 1822 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
DLink modem firmware
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »

Does anyone know where to get updated firmware for the DLink DSL-320B? Where does DLink hide?

I have been groping and googling and haven't had much luck finding anything on the web from DLink. Release notes would be really nice too.

[ I'll try putting this same question to Andrews & Arnold since that's where I bought my unit from, just in case they did any wonders to it (as remarked on by another poster) apart from changing the config, locking it permanently into modem-only mode. ]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:33:36 PM by Weaver »

AArdvark

• Kitizen

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
Re: DLink modem firmware
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 12:01:37 AM »

Thank you to @AArdvark. I needed to use the iCab web browser on my iPad, plus an app called  Readdle "Documents" to make any further progress. iOS Safari doesn't understand downloading files, nor does it understand zip files, hence the need for third-party additional code.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:11:15 AM by Weaver »

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 03:29:28 AM »

Thank you to @AArdvark. I needed to iCab web browser on my iPad plus the Readdle Documents app to make any further progress.
No Problem. :)
I am sure that sentence makes sense in the 'Apple World' or 'iWorld'  ;D but it missed me by a mile. !!  :D :D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »

Apple make it a confusing nightmare trying to download files from web servers. They assume that everything that is downloaded has to be for the iOS device in question. They can't seem to comprehend that you might be just downloading it and storing it to use on another machine elsewhere.

I went to that very page, and just couldn't make sense of the mess I was looking at while using iOS Safari. Changing to a more capable web browser, iCab, did the trick.

anything