Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SNRM and Max speed decreasing without any significant errors  (Read 1192 times)

loveextasy

SNRM and Max speed decreasing without any significant errors
« on: September 17, 2015, 09:02:20 AM »

Hi,

I am sorry it is me again

I am experience a strange ADSL connection since around 19.30 yesterday.

The SNR margin is decreasing slightly during each report of DSLstats, and it continued till this morning when I checked before I left for work, and it seems like is it going to continue....also the max speed reported by the router is decreasing as well, even lower than the current speed....the FECX errors was increasing significantly, from less than 200 to more than 20,000 (please see the attachments for the snapshot from DSLstats. sorry no FEC at the mo, but if you need I can get it to you this evening)

I just had an Openreach broadband engineer came in on Tuesday morning, changed a couple of cables outside of my property, and the stability seemed to increase that no drops since then. But I don't think the decrease in SNRM is a good sign of my line.

So just wondering if anyone else got similar problem, or could advise if that's the line quality or my router's problem, or even just normal within the 10 days' training period?

Thanks a lot :)

anything