Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 'and a Hello from Him  (Read 4131 times)

Stroller

• Just arrived
'and a Hello from Him
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:33:42 PM »

Hi Everyone, having been lurking in the background as a guest for some while and trying to soak up all the graciously given info and help by members on the forums, hoping that if there is anything I can constructively add or help with, then this seems the best place to be.
I also signed up after searching for a combined modem/router for some time and read with great interest the tests etc that Kitz has kindly compiled on them - and the SETUP guide.
It helps when you RTFM correctly:doh:
I opted for the ZyXEL 8924 to replace the ECI FOCuS that the 'nice man' from BT put in late last year and the TG582n that PN threw my way after we finally got FTTC due to the BDUK program, otherwise I would still be on a 'piece of wet string and two cans'....

I understand most of the basics in Telecomm's but have no where near the knowledge on it compared to most of the good folk on here..... especially now I can see my stats with the DSLstats tool.... many thanks to roseway et'al and then I've also signed up with MDWS as well.  Now I just need to learn in greater detail what they are telling me as my line has mostly been a slow pig since the day it was activated and appeared to be worse than what PN originally told me although a couple of the OR engineers that have been out to some of the faults were really great guys and couldn't do enough to help and go that 'extra mile' to try and sort it - but that's another topic area  :) (at least I have G.INP active now and that seems to be helping with the speed).

My main Forte is in IT and IT Security / Systems Engineering etc so if there is anything I can help with in that area, then happy to do so.

So, my thanks to all for what I've already learnt from them and what I hopefully will learn in the future.

Best regards to all,

Chris.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: 'and a Hello from Him
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 03:53:54 PM »

Welcome Chris.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »

A warm welcome, Chris. :)
  Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »

Welcome Chris.

From a newish member of the club  ;D
Been a kitzen for just over 1 year.
Lots of good info and 'healthy' discussion.
Enjoy.

Stroller

• Just arrived
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 06:23:26 PM »

Hi Chris and welcome to the forums :)
 ^-^
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker