Computer Software > Windows

Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 data slurp

(1/5) > >>

kitzuser87430:
A few microsoft updates released recently need careful reading of the KB article before installing I think.... more info on the register.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/09/01/microsoft_backports_data_slurp_to_windows_78_via_patches/

AArdvark:
This was anticipated by many as soon as the Win10 situation came clear.

Not Surprised at all.

Lots of strange updates were made prior to the official Win10 for Free Campaign on Win 7 & 8.
They were the prep for the rollout no doubt.
Hence the lack of explanations for Updates which has spread to Win 7 & 8.

loonylion:
this is disturbing  :no:

AArdvark:
As I have said many times, MS is going for broke to emulate and surpass the monitisation of Users by Google, Apple and others.
They are aiming squarely at the 'lost' sales due people running 'Not so Kosher' software.
Retrospectively , they are waving the big stick and 75+ Million people have opened the door and let them in freely and legally. [Win 10 Eula]
In usual USofA style they will now 'shoot down' a few 'Innocent bystanders' because the process will be a bit crude but false positives are OK, after all 'Money is money !!!!!'.

Surely, this must get some visibility with the masses now!

sevenlayermuddle:

--- Quote from: AArdvark on September 01, 2015, 09:07:43 PM ---As I have said many times, MS is going for broke to emulate and surpass the monitisation of Users by Google, Apple and others.

--- End quote ---

Google, yes, obviously.   But Apple?   Can you cite a specific example  of Apple 'data slurping' to illustrate the comparison?

Having said it many times does not make it true.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version