Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Libreoffice  (Read 5137 times)

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
Libreoffice
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »

I thought I would try Libreoffice again, not having used it for a couple of years.  I only need the Writer programme, the rest being a waste of space which I would never use.

So I downloaded it and ran the setup .msi and the section I needed under custom options is now longer there ???

I can select which optional bits I need, and whether I want additional languages, and that's it.

Does anybody know what causes this, or has the facility to select the various programmes been dropped?

I am afraid that the Interwebbythingy has not been a lot of use thus far.  Any help gratefully received.
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Dray

• Kitizen

loonylion

• Reg Member
Re: Libreoffice
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:57:04 PM »

the big difference i've noticed, libreoffice can open microsoft works files, openoffice cannot.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »

I use it all the time but on Linux, so I just install the whole thing even though I only use writer and calc. These days it does not tkae up enough space on modern disks to worry about - at least that's my view.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 01:02:35 AM »

We all use it and have no problems with it on our Linux laptops and desktops, My daughter has been using it at uni on her Linux laptop for all her work for the last three years.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »

I have given up for the time being.  My requirements are so low that I am OK with Abiword for now.
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

anything