Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

unlocked hg612 with ADSL2+ - network stability issues

(1/10) > >>

jch:
Should an unlocked HG612 with SP08 work reliably with ADSL2+? Is it necessary to tweak the DSL config settings? I've disabled btagent.

I'm seeing unreliable network connectivity with my PlusNet ADSL2+ connection. The symptoms are that network traffic stops for a few seconds, sometimes more. For longer periods where network traffic stops, PPP LCP timeouts occur and the modem drops the connection. A ping to the ISP's gateway shows ping times steady until packets get dropped (attached).

I borrowed a Billion 7800 to compare. This works fine. But I notice that the DSL link syncs at a lower speed with the Billion. I compared the xdslcmd outputs (attached). I tried forcing the HG612 SNR to the same value reported by the Billion but link problems still remain.

Just wondering if others use HG612 successfully with ADSL2. Anyone have suggestions for things to try?

Weaver:
Apologies for being a bit slow, you're using the HG612 as a modem (only)? Or as a modem-router?

jch:
As a modem only. The modem does PPP. Its firewall is disabled but it does NAT. I use a directly connected router/firewall.
Ping from the modem to the ISP's gateway shows the same random packet loss.

konrado5:
Could you attach Hlog and QLN from DSLStats?

GigabitEthernet:
Does it just drop out randomly or does it happen at certain times of day?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version