Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 10179 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Apple Watch
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 10:12:59 PM »

He's now got something called eakin wound pouch, prior to that it was a combination of trying to cut normal stoma bags to fit and various gauze and sticky plaster, which was the equivalent of trying to stop a running tap with toilet paper  (my exaggeration).   Unfortunately the dehis pouches cost about £10 each... so they dont use them as standard.   I'd been searching and searching for treatment of abdominal dehisence but never came up with them, soon as you know the name though its easy to find them.

These things actually stick and one pouch can sometimes last 2 days because they can be drained.

Compare to us going through about 6 stoma bags and god knows how much gauze and tape and special sticky stuff per day - not to mention the hassle and mess from a burst stoma bag which is designed to collect pee not fistula discharge..   it actually works out cheaper  ::)
Plus the wound is now healing properly with these bags which it wasnt doing before because it was constantly wet.   Just need for him to put weight back on now and be able to eat and get his strength up.   Took him to Maccy Dee's drive through for lunch yesterday because he fancied a burger..  the trick is getting him to eat anything he's so frail now :/

Sorry 7LM  seem to have really taken over your topic, and just looked at attempting to split it but cant everything is all muxed up. 

Hits self on the head with moderator hammer and slaps self say do not do it again

* kitz is duly disciplined and will try to behave before Eric is forced to bring out the banning stick.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »

the NHS is a heaven or hell thing and sometimes a lottery decides which you get.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »

No worries, just accept my sympathies.

I went through quite major surgery myself in an NHS hospital a few years ago, so I am well acquainted with the stunning incompetence of the majority (yes, majority) of NHS nurses and doctors.

In my own case it went well, but only because I kept on top of them, resulting in an additional course of antibiotics for a resistant infection they'd 'missed'.   Even then, it took two further ops, both classed as 'major' to fix a recurring hernia at the site of the original 'keyhole'.   All over now but as stated, you and your dad have my sympathy.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 12:38:06 AM »

now im nervous, I have a hernia repair in september...

being done in a private hospital, though at the NHS's expense.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 12:53:40 AM »

It will probably be the same doctor you would have seen in the NHS just at time/place of your choosing :)

My Dad had quite a few appointments with 'Private' consultants when he got older as the NHS was using the Private sector to speed up seeing patients at the time.
He actually did met a consultant he had been treated by in a NHS Hospital a few years earlier  ;D ;D

I have to say that I would not agree with the 'majority' comment in general.
There are many Nurses & Doctors who really try hard to do a good job but there are times when the 'supporting cast' can get in the way  ;D 

Hernia's are one of the 'bread & butter' conditions that the NHS is good at. (They do loads of them each week)
I would not be worried, particularly as the Private Hospitals tend to have a much lower thoughput in term of patients passing through.
Enjoy the experience of being in a Private hospital  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]