Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support  (Read 269467 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

I've got a Huawei cabinet so let me know if you want anything testing in regards to G.INP (it is currently disabled but I expect will be turned back on soon).

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

I was pondering if I should change DSL_FALSE to DSL_TRUE on the upstream.

ejs is probably the best man to ask.  I think he may have been dabbling in that area.  It may also depend on if the hardware is capable - like it was with the TD-W9980's.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jsamuel

• Reg Member

I've got a Huawei cabinet so let me know if you want anything testing in regards to G.INP (it is currently disabled but I expect will be turned back on soon).
Would you be able to test this test image if you have G.INP re-enabled?
On this image G.INP is allowed on the upstream but I have no idea if it works properly. I think the hardware is capable of it though. I'm not sure which version of ECI /r you have so I've just built images for the two, and if it works it can replace the current images linked at the start of the topic.

> /openwrt/testing/

Others with Huawei cabs feel free to test too :)

In a previous post I said I noticed bitswap was off but now I notice it turns itself on but only on upstream, is this normal behaviour? does the cab turn it off when it's not needed? I'm going to leave this setup for about a week and monitor any changes.
When using the HG612 bitswap was always on and I find it strange. Perhaps the cab is talking to something in the lantiq code.

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Bitswapping is on now, on both downstream and upstream.

It seems to turn on at night, and sometimes during the day it'll turn it on for upstream. Very strange, must be the cabinet doing that.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

Hi,

I've just awaiting some solder so I can solder my header pins to the ECI.

I haven't even broken into it yet which I believe requires drilling so I'll probably do that at some point tomorrow.

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Hi,

I've just awaiting some solder so I can solder my header pins to the ECI.

I haven't even broken into it yet which I believe requires drilling so I'll probably do that at some point tomorrow.

No worries, fingers crossed it's stable on your Huawei cab.  :fingers:

ktz392837

• Reg Member

I am thinking of giving this a try.  Will any revision of the modem do or do I need to be careful? Have issues with pressing enter during boot to get prompt working and being able to telnet in at same time as being connected?  Thanks

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Switch it off, keep the UART connected and when you plug it back in keep pressing CTRL + C
you'll then get into the uboot prompt.

There's two revisions, v1 and v2. If you read the first post in this thread you'll be able to identify which version you have. :)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

By the way, I don't think the COM port will necessarily be COM3 :)

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Sometimes it's COM5, but usually it's always COM3  :)
If in doubt, see Device Manager > Ports

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project

That is only of relevance to persons using Billy Gates' Ware:P
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

Sometimes it's COM5, but usually it's always COM3  :)
If in doubt, see Device Manager > Ports

My UART is always COM19 :)

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Due to the new driver updates, we have a total of 600KB free space left on the flash to work with.   :silly:
Before, we had over 1MB.. not much room left if we want graphs, but I'll see what I can do.  :D
It would be nice if the dslstats program for the HG612 had customizable commands to retrieve the stats and also SSH support. Perhaps there's another program?

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

Yes I would also like some embedded stats monitoring :D

In regards to bitswapping, I notice it all the time on the various Broadcom modems/routers I use so it will be interesting to see how the ECI performs with your firmware :)

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Yes I would also like some embedded stats monitoring :D

In regards to bitswapping, I notice it all the time on the various Broadcom modems/routers I use so it will be interesting to see how the ECI performs with your firmware :)
At first I was worried bitswapping was broken  :doh: in the new drivers since it was off for a while, and then it gradually turned itself on beginning with upstream in the afternoon and then on DS at around 10pm. Hopefully it works alright on Huawei cabs, it should.
It seems likely lantiq DSLAMs can toggle line features if the CPE supports it, but I've never heard of that before.  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

anything