Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Analysis of upgrade process and existing settings.  (Read 5998 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Analysis of upgrade process and existing settings.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »

All as gone well with my upgrade.

It seems like some of the early issues I had with the search bar not working properly, and the windows update feature stuck at an update, seems to have fixed itself.

One thing I have noticed is that when it comes to your pre-installed peripherals i.e. the ones I had before the win10 upgrade, seem to need a re-install. Win10 messed up my printer setup, putting 2 unknown devices in the device manager, while not recognising my printer at all. I had to re-download the installation package for the printer and manually delete the 2 unknown devices.

Also there seems to be still the bluetooth problem as well. So far no patch / update as appeared for that. Also I was talking to my girl the other night and she said her slingbox media player isn't working properly either. I checked on the website and a lot of people are having problems. But then a lot aren't either. So I'm not sure if Win10 is installing exactly the same on everyones PC.

I did notice the procedure to upgrade from W7 to W10, was slightly different to upgrading from W8.1 to W10 .. it seemed to take longer on the W8.1 OS.

Also I noticed I got my Windows start up sound back last night after yesterdays critical update.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
Re: Analysis of upgrade process and existing settings.
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »

Well...my upgrade failed at about 83% restoring my settings so I restored my laptop from a backup earlier that day; may have to do a clean instal sometime.

I installed the  volume licensing LTSB version on a virtual machine and it installs without any "metro" apps ie. without the edge browser and  cortana, it also defaults to a local account (:)) I have not investigated further but initial investigations seem to point that it cannot update from a WSUS (even though windows 10 appears in the synchronization list in my WSUS).

The pro Volume licensing version seems standard with modern apps, cortana and one drive.

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]

anything