Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DLM Pages  (Read 3244 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
DLM Pages
« on: July 09, 2015, 12:04:39 AM »

The following pages about Dynamic Line Management are now linked live from the main site.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: DLM Pages
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 12:06:32 AM »

Some of you were aware that the DLM pages had been available since last year as Ive linked to them several times on the forums.   Things ground to a bit of a stand still at around the time of the ASSIA court case and information became much harder to get hold of. 

I had been hoping that in time more information would become available about the ILQ and anything that was changed since the ASSIA case, but 9 months later and still nothing new :(   

Ive been requested several times by a few people to make the links live so that at least there is access to what information we do have and it does indeed seem silly to hold back several pages with information we do have such as Wide Area Events etc and other information simply because we don't quite have the full picture.

Unfortunately, we may have to just accept that BT are keeping stum on any algorithms that they use to remove any previous DLM interaction. If any further information does come to date it can always be added to.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 01:24:54 AM »

thanks kitz, will give these some reading.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:25:30 PM »

I understand most of your info in the DLM section until it get's to ~ Categorising the Line - ILQ Indicative Line Quality IE: the MTBR and MTBE thresholds tables have read it many times and still can't get the eureka moment.

All i know is green is good amber is ok and red is bad, may be you could tutor me on this part  :blush:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:28:04 PM by NewtronStar »

anything