Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sky Offer 75% off TV Bundles for 12 months  (Read 26329 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Sky Offer 75% off TV Bundles for 12 months
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »

just rang them up, they claim I can downgrade online the month before it happens which for me is december.

So it seems previously sky talk weekends was inclusive with the line rental but now its a £4 addon, oh dear, will be downgrading to sky pay as you talk.

Incidentally this is the first call I made on my landline for months and there is tons of crackling even on a quiet line test.  But since I dont want to upset my dsl I wont be reporting it.

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 05:37:46 PM »

They still haven't officially told me about it - ie no letter regarding any changes in line rental/call charges/call allowances yet.

Probably leaving it until just before the monthly renewal date.

This is what I hate about Sky, they're the Ryanair of the BB/TV world (hence the ongoing Ofcom investigation into their cancellation policies - do complain to Ofcom if you're affected) but the broadband service here has been impeccable since 2008 when I joined UKOnline (Easynet then Sky as was). Were it not for this I'd have switched long ago.

The last straw in terms of customer loyalty was when I realised the difference between the "NowTV" pricing and the SkyTV box pricing. I think I can summarise that for non-Sky users by saying "unless you want to watch football a lot then bin the Sky box & switch to NowTV on a Roku box (unbranded)".

That way you'll never have to call Sky again - NowTV on a Roku box can be cancelled online by clicking a box. Your broadband/phone is now switched by the gaining provider & Sky aren't allowed to contact you with offers to stay. Job done I think? :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 12:42:09 AM »

Yeah this is down to them over paying for the EPL football.  They realised and now trying to recoup the cash any way they can.

I agree sky is the best network I have used in the past decade hence me using them, also I havent been officially notified either, I got the billing update via the "my sky" page, it shows you how the pricing is changing on your account.

The £1 line rental increase was very predictable, everyone copies BT on that, its the £4 premium for what used to be inclusive that is sly.

speedyrite

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »

My notification came by e-mail.

Same here - never use the phone for outgoing calls (so will downgrade to Sky PAYT), very happy with Sky Broadband but binning Sky TV at end of contract date. Will be using NOW TV from time to time which will save some money (not a PL football fan here either).

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 01:00:27 PM »

yeah its not end of the world, I would have been much more annoyed if they canned the inclusive caller display, downgrading to PAYT when its not used for outbound calls is thankfully not a big deal.

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »

If they ever charge for CLID then that's the day I put a recorded message on the landline stating that nobody will ever answer so don't bother calling.

Also if they try to inform me of the changes in any other way apart from a letter then they're breaching their own T&Cs & I'll take that to the ombudsman to cost them £300 :)

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »

Letter arrived the day after my sub date - there's a reason they're called "Sly"....

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 12:12:52 PM »

I got mine 2 days ago.

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »

I got mine 2 days ago.

Mine says I can cancel the "upgrade" online (sky.com/newtalkpackage) within 30 days of receiving the letter & I won't be charged. Oh look, I can't cancel it from that link. What a surprise - I can only click on stuff which costs me more.....

* rizla is going to be filling in the Ofcom survey....

Edit - for Sky TV users, you should be aware that its very likely FoxTV (ie the Murdochs) will be taking complete control of BSkyB in the near future. With Liberty Global's takeover of Virgin there is nothing either the EU or the UK Govt (as if!) can do to stop that as Liberty Global has greater TV share than Sky across Europe. Probably time to think about leaving unless you fit the FoxTV user profile ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:26:37 PM by rizla »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 08:12:33 PM »

I dont have sky tv (paid), just using them for broadband.

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »

Apparently the link in the letter (sky.com/newtalkpackage) doesn't work until 5 working days after the letter was sent - no doubt done in the hope people will forget to downgrade.....
Pages: 1 [2]