Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Danish TDC - Bonding, Vplus, G.fast  (Read 25325 times)

loonylion

• Reg Member
Re: Danish TDC - Bonding, Vplus, G.fast
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

This is a shot in the dark, but can anyone find what the maximum tone number and/or the tone width figures are for 35b? I assume its 35Mhz top frequency.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »

I don't know the tone numbering, but I think you're right that it is in the region of 35MHz.

However, one of the major points that Alcatel-Lucent were making in their push of Vplus (at 30MHz) was that it was "vectoring-compatible" with profile 17a. That compatibility required the tone width to be identical between the two profile; profile 30a is vectoring-incompatible with 17a because it has a different width.

I suspect that 35b will have identical channel width to 17a: 4.3125 kHz

Then, because 17a has an upper limit of 4096 tones, it actually ends at 17.664MHz. It really wouldn't surprise me if we discovered that 35b actually used 8192 tones, and stops at 35.328MHz

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 07:36:13 AM »

Given ignition now seems to be on a vectoring trial, dont know why he just gives tidbits of information but he revealed yesterday he is on it.

I think openreach are still considering a commercial rollout of that tech, in my mind if they were only going to roll it out to bduk areas then they would be testing it in those areas only.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 07:23:32 AM »

I think some were already aware, but here's a snippet of a latest brief ....

Trials of G.fast will start on 17 August 2015 and will be held in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire and Gosforth, Newcastle (in certain postcode areas); whilst fibre on demand trials will take place in Huntingdon only.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »

Given ignition now seems to be on a vectoring trial, dont know why he just gives tidbits of information but he revealed yesterday he is on it.

I must have missed this entirely. I can't find *where* though.

If he is on a trial, perhaps it is for node-scale vectoring. I thought his cab had outgrown itself, and even had an extension on the PCP.

Trials of G.fast will start on 17 August 2015 and will be held in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire and Gosforth, Newcastle (in certain postcode areas); whilst fibre on demand trials will take place in Huntingdon only.

Not long to go now.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2015, 02:03:35 PM »

My area is one of those in which the only real solution is FTTP or FTTRN.

One cabinet is at least 750m away from most residents (I'm one of them): it serves premises a good 1.5KM away.

The other cabinet is at least 1km away from most residents; it serves residents a good 2KM away. FTTC isn't going to help on that second cabinet as most people will be too far away from it to benefit.

Ragnarok

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2015, 10:50:18 PM »

The way I look at it is that FTTC got fibre out into the streets, and g.fast will move it further out and far more wide spread, each step getting closer to the end user. Look at it as another step in the direction of full FTTP

Yes it may well cost more in the long run, but at least they have income coming in from each step, which offsets it.

G.fast at my cab will suit me fine i'm within 200m. However anything that may help bring a real fiber optic connections closer to most houses cannot be a bad thing. Especially with possibility the G.fast modules being setup in a way that allows for Fibe on demand installations. That was surely BT's dream, be be able to build a network that makes Virgin look old hat.

I've also gotta say at least TDC are not just thinking inside the traditional box with regards to DSL. Then again unlike BT, most other providers don't struggle with technologies like G.INP or vectoring.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:54:25 PM by Ragnarok »

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 11:35:39 AM »

I must have missed this entirely. I can't find *where* though.

If he is on a trial, perhaps it is for node-scale vectoring. I thought his cab had outgrown itself, and even had an extension on the PCP.

Not long to go now.

???

Are the trials go so well, that they are bringing forward the release then. :hmm: :hmm:

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »

No idea ........... a trial tends to last far more than just 1 month, and with the G.fast trial only starting on the 17th August 20115 (as highlighted by yourself in the above post) ........... then I wouldn't expect answers anytime in the very near future.

Expectations are for G.Fast to reach over 10 million EU's by the end of 2020 though.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2015, 02:48:36 PM »

the G.fast trial only starting on the 17th August 20115

We have a hell of a long wait then  :P

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »

the G.fast trial only starting on the 17th August 20115

We have a hell of a long wait then  :P

Ha ha ...... it took a minute or two then for the penny to drop.  ;D ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »

Bit of further info .......... trial dates are, 17th August 2015 in Huntingdon and 21st September 2015 in Gosforth. The trials are expected to be approximately 6 months in duration.

Hopefully there will be a small scale roll-out within 2016.   

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »

not that long a wait given openreach have already said they starting g.fast rollout in 2016.  g.fast doesnt excite me tho so i will be keeping my vdsl service.  Especially as g.fast will have less favourable contention.

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2015, 10:24:58 PM »

And more good news BT is rolling IPv6 to Entire Network by December 2016.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/09/uk-isp-bt-to-deploy-ipv6-to-entire-network-by-december-2016.html

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2015, 11:26:16 PM »

not that long a wait given openreach have already said they starting g.fast rollout in 2016.  g.fast doesnt excite me tho so i will be keeping my vdsl service.

My understanding is that G.Fast will be implemented by bringing the fibre nearer to the EUs with the use of mini/micro-DSLAMs, i.e. FTTN (where N is node). VDSL2 will still be used over the last metallic segment in the pathway.

Or am I totally confused?  ???

Especially as g.fast will have less favourable contention.

Do you have a link to a reference explaining the above, please Chrys?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6