Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

Danish TDC - Bonding, Vplus, G.fast

(1/18) > >>

WWWombat:
My discovery of "profile 35b" (linked here) came about when I found some information about the Danish telco TDC, and their vectoring deployment, combined with pair bonding. Some details can be seen in this document, which is in Danish (but Google translate helps in portions):
https://wholesale.tdc.dk/Produkter/Branchemoede_2015_04_28_Produkt_Udviklingsplaner.pdf

Pages 2,13 and 54 show details (including new speed categories up to 150/50) for pair bonding in combination with vectoring.

However, the document also gives details of both their trials with G.fast *and* Vplus/Profile-35b technology.
Interesting... once you can translate it!

The graph shown is a slight variation from Alcatel's original article on Vplus, and now includes the 35MHz performance data...
http://www2.alcatel-lucent.com/techzine/vplus-gets-vdsl2-vectoring/

boost:
Great image, thanks :D

That makes me wonder just how G.fast works. Serious number crunching hardware at both sides? :)

Chrysalis:
I dont buy the viewpoint that vectoring is not worth rolling out because of g.fast, both technologies have a place.

ejs:
Perhaps it's not worth adding or replacing cabinet hardware to support vectored VDSL2, if instead some of might be replaced by G.fast hardware that could also do vectored VDSL2 for longer lines. It might depend on what the cost of the FTTC cabinet contents was compared to the cost of getting fibre and power to all those cabinets.

dee.jay:
Interesting graphic.

Out of interest this morning I've been trying to work out exactly why it is I get a rather nice sync (77360/19999) when I'm apparently 450M (straight line) to my cabinet. Obviously it could be slightly more than that - I don't know where the wires go.

Looks like G.Fast will be useless for me though which was what I feared. BUT, I can't complain too much - I do get 77Mbit... Though I'd be interested in 200Mbit vplus......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version