Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers  (Read 48642 times)

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Re: G.INP - Compatible Modem/Routers
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 08:21:47 PM »

Basically, I was wondering if the claim to support vectoring was using some sort of marketing fudge where they say they can do it but not really.

If it will sync at more than 1kbps, a PPP session can be established and some data transferred, as far as marketing are concerned it's supported!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »

@kitz: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27880939&postcount=1836 - ping stats and latest dsl stats.

Things that convince me G.INP is active on his line:
- Huawei cabinet
- FEC errors on downstream and upstream but there are no CRC errors at all, with interleaving depth as '1' (fastpath)
- Opmode is blank
- Ping

Let me know your thoughts. I can't get TC console stats, but if and when G.INP is active on my line (ECI cabinet) then I'll also share my findings, hopefully within the next couple of months.

I can't say what his original ping was though, but I've seen that some devices apparently have a few milliseconds increase on their average latency?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:04:44 PM by Ixel »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »

@kitz: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27880939&postcount=1836 - ping stats and latest dsl stats.

- Huawei cabinet
- FEC errors on downstream and upstream but there are no CRC errors at all, with interleaving depth as '1' (fastpath)
- Opmode is blank
- Ping

Let me know your thoughts. I can't get TC console stats, but if and when G.INP is active on my line (ECI cabinet) then I'll also share my findings, hopefully within the next couple of months.

I can't say what his original ping was though, but I've seen that some devices apparently have a few milliseconds increase on their average latency?

Thanks ixel...  he posted his ping results which showed none of the symptoms of the increased latency applied by the DLM to the non compliant modems in that they tend to go up nearer to 20ms... so Im happy with that and Ive added it to the list.

PS did you mention the attenuation bug and U0 to him?   Looks like its just pulling in attenuation from U0 rather than the aggregated total across all the upstream bands.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 10:26:38 PM »

- Huawei cabinet
- Opmode is blank
- Ping

Thanks ixel...  he posted his ping results which showed none of the symptoms of the increased latency applied by the DLM to the non compliant modems in that they tend to go up nearer to 20ms... so Im happy with that and Ive added it to the list.

PS did you mention the attenuation bug and U0 to him?   Looks like its just pulling in attenuation from U0 rather than the aggregated total across all the upstream bands.   

I'll pass that on, thanks :).

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:43 PM »

- Huawei cabinet
- Opmode is blank
- Ping

What is opmode?

DataRateDown=79998 kbps
DataRateUp=19999 kbps

I believe someone suggested that US rate of 20000 was synonoomommous with g.inp? All the upper g.inp enabled Huawei users on MDWS are sporting 79999/20000, unless my eyes deceive me.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 11:57:06 PM »

My BH5a gave me an 11ms ping on this line too. A modem that's been suggested does not support g.inp. If your line isn't bad enough for a DLM intervention, you could probably fly under the radar with a donkey modem for quite some time. Good luck if your cab gets a power cut and 80+ modems start training at the same time :D

Pretty sure FECs can occur regardless of fastpath/interleaving status too.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »

I've not seen FEC on downstream on a HG612 when it's been fastpath on the downstream, only upstream.

Regarding 'opmode', it identifies the current type of connection, usually it would say 'Opmode=ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)', but appears to go blank when G.INP is present (a bug).

Regarding upstream being 19999Kbps, I think it depends purely on the modem chipset. In this case the ASUS on this connection hasn't been able to get the full 20000Kbps, though 1Kbps is hardly going to make much difference :P.

The person has had no CRC errors, yet appears to be on fastpath, in the uptime it has had so far (days). That concludes to me that G.INP must be active on his line.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 10:58:54 AM »

You're right, I was thinking of upstream FECs :D

I've seen some of your posts on the ECI stuff, looks quite interesting :)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 06:05:31 PM »

I've not seen FEC on downstream on a HG612 when it's been fastpath on the downstream, only upstream.

I have. See the attached pre-G.INP examples from my own connection.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:07:38 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 06:31:02 PM »

I believe someone suggested that US rate of 20000 was synonoomommous with g.inp?

Ive always sync'd at 20,000 upstream.  Ive never paid much attention to the 79999, 79998 or 79987 etc as I thought it was perhaps just a quirk of the modem/dslam.

These are some of mine

79999 20000  HG612
79987 20000  Zyxel
80000 20000  TP-Link
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Al1264

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 01:22:18 PM »

Looks like the Talk Talk Super router (Huawei HG635) works where the ECI modem fails according to this:
http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Large-Speed-Dropped-on-ECI-modem-due-to-Deployment-of-G/td-p/1641360

[Apologies if anyone read my previous post (now replaced with this one) here as I initially mis-read the linked post.]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:38:22 PM by Al1264 »
Plusnet - FTTC - AVM Fritz!Box 7490

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »

Modem Routers known to work with G.INP

BT HomeHub 5 Type B  (BCM chipset & Software version V0.07.01.0235-BT)
Sky Hub SR102
Billion 8800NL
Billion 8800AXL
Zyxel VMG8324
Fritzbox vdsl routers* - 7390 & 7490 are ok.
ASUS DSL-AC68U

Please add to the modem that support G.INP are Netgear DGND3700v1 with firmware: 2015-02-08 as my friend got this and his G.INP was enabled with 79999k/20000k
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:46:02 PM by adslmax »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

Looks like the Talk Talk Super router (Huawei HG635) works where the ECI modem fails according to this:
http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Large-Speed-Dropped-on-ECI-modem-due-to-Deployment-of-G/td-p/1641360

Added thank you.

Quote from: adslmax
Please add to the modem that support G.INP are Netgear DGND3700v1 with firmware: 2015-02-08
Added, thought it may as it contains same chip as the HG612.  Thanks.
-----

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 06:58:58 PM »

Quote from: adslmax
Please add to the modem that support G.INP are Netgear DGND3700v1 with firmware: 2015-02-08
Added, thought it may as it contains same chip as the HG612.  Thanks.

Kitz, you might want to bare in mind that the DGND3700V1 does not officially support VDSL. IIRC correctly there was a Beta version that supported VDSL, see here for more info - actually I see you made the second post in that thread :-)

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 07:19:17 PM »

Kitz, you might want to bare in mind that the DGND3700V1 does not officially support VDSL. IIRC correctly there was a Beta version that supported VDSL, see here for more info - actually I see you made the second post in that thread :-)

The DGND3700v1 does support VDSL as it has built in modem with custom firmware. The v2 isn't support VDSL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything