Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Latest offering from Plusnet  (Read 5609 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Re: Latest offering from Plusnet
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 03:14:39 AM »

God Help Us !!!!!!!

Indian call centers  :o :o

Been there, done that with SKY  :( :( :'(

N.B. I am not a racist just the Indian call centers sell a product that does not exist.
Their English is not good enough in many cases and the scripts followed do not answer all questions .........
On 2nd thoughts its just like Plusnet with an Indian accent  :D ;D ;D ;)
Also I don't believe the names they give (John or Peter or Jeffery ...) are true.  ;D

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 11:28:33 AM »

Thought! What our calling them by, say, Muslim names do for our conversations, seeing that the majority would be HIndu? ::)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 02:38:34 PM »

They'd be stupid if they do.    A lot of people dont realise that Plusnet is part of the BT group and they are taken in by the UK support ads and pricing.  Theyve also won several awards over the past few years and attracting customers that wouldnt normally use BT.

More likely IMHO that they are using Plusnet to go into 'price wars' and attract the type user who just wants the cheapest possible deal,  the impact of this will be less capacity, less staff etc as they cut operating costs to the utmost minimum.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

More likely IMHO that they are using Plusnet to go into 'price wars' and attract the type user who just wants the cheapest possible deal,  the impact of this will be less capacity, less staff etc as they cut operating costs to the utmost minimum.

Sound too plausible  ;D

Renluop,
Hope you understood it was a joke re: Names

Old sales trick to make the customer more comfortable by using typical names for the region.
The same staff will have English names, Gerrman, Italian etc
Don't like being manipulated by Sales tricks.  :(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:21:00 PM by AArdvark »

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »

Surely it's no secret that is the reason they bought Plusnet and it's what they've been doing ever since then. BT are probably not not bothered about Plusnet making a profit - there's 800,000 Plusnet users most of whom would otherwise be with Sky or TalkTalk is the main motive.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »

Sound too plausible  ;D

Renluop,
Hope you understood it was a joke re: Names

Old sales trick to make the cusomer more comfortable by using typical names for the region.
The same staff will have English names, Gerrman, Italian etc
Don't like being manipulated by Sales tricks.  :(
Definitely! I was on the if they annoy me, I'll reciprocate track.
Pages: 1 [2]