Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I need a copy of a working config file for Zyxel vmg8324-b10a  (Read 1989 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen

I have just spent too many hours (all night) trying to get my Zyxel modem to connect to Plusnet fibre 80/20.

The modem did work but as soon as you dropped the PPP session it would not re-connect for love nor money.
I tried every permutation of version of firmware with my working config.
Nothing would work !!! http://forum.kitz.co.uk/Smileys/kitzemotes/wall.gif

I have in the last 55 mins (after 7 hours +) got it running again but cannot understand what could be stopping it.
I have run through the setup on this site many many many times and it would not work.
I ended up capturing the output during the bootup/sync/Establish PPP session sequence.
[Plug into the header on the motherboard inside the modem using a TTL to USB serial interface (as used to update the firmware on the original Eircom F1000 version of the Zyxel). Capture the output via a Serial connection using Putty or ExtraPutty (Windows Program) logging to a text file.]

Lots of errors and failing scripts/code but no clues as the capture of the NON-WORKING bootup does not appear significantly different to the capture of the WORKING bootup.
Will examine the captures in more detail when I have time. [Something to do when I am bored !!!]

What i really need is a copy of a working config for the Zyxel using ver 6b1 firmware. [kitz, if you have time I would be so grateful)
The username and password in the file can be replaced by xxxxxx as the config is NOT to be used but compared to the working config I have to see if there are any differences.

This is something that has started happening around the same time my line nose-dived to Hell. [Should be 'DLM Hell' as I am under full scale attack]
I wanted to re-run the BTW Performance Test [the reason for the PPP session drop in the 1st place] but I cannot risk any more pain and hours of hitting my head against hard surfaces.  ;D ;D

TIA
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:59:28 AM by AArdvark »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: I need a copy of a working config file for Zyxel vmg8324-b10a
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »

What i really need is a copy of a working config for the Zyxel using ver 6b1 firmware. [kitz, if you have time I would be so grateful)

You have a PM :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Re: I need a copy of a working config file for Zyxel vmg8324-b10a
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »

Many thanks.

I will compare the setup in detail.