Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 7948 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 09:30:57 PM »

Phew <wipes brow icon> ..... it seems the posts are welcome from one and all. Thanks for feedback everyone, business as usual. :)

Indeed! Please just keep on posting what information you feel you can (beware the Gestapo  :-X  ) and I will continue to read it all. (Reserving the right to be perpetually critical of Beattie Bellman's management, directors and big cheeses!  :tongue:  )
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 10:34:46 PM »

SKY Sports and BT Sports should be free to view you won't get me spending money to watch Formula 1 races during a season, what it does tell me that footy fans are being used by both companys your SKY sports monthly fee will probably increase to keep BSB in anual profit year ending 2020.

So for the end-user the cost will come from your pocket not BSB or BT's pocket so be aware  ;)

captainkirk

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 10:49:52 PM »

Much as I love F1, I refuse to pay a fortune to watch 10 races live and was disgusted by the way the BBC parted with already paid for rights.  I do wonder how long bt will continue to offer the football for free - was talking to a chap down the road who said sky offered him a really cheap deal to stay which is great for him but how, having paid such ridiculous money for football and other rights, are they able to maintain such deals. 

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 11:08:03 PM »

the inflation is just scary as well.

for sky in 3 years sports pack will cost £100 month.

for BT in 3 years line rental be £25-30 month.

Thats how it gets paid.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 12:23:21 PM »

Thats how it gets paid.

Yep.

The price of the BT line rental is getting a bit expensive now, but considering its basically what subsidises the BTSport and if you are a sport fan, then I suppose the whole package sometimes works out the cheapest and best way to do it.  I know a few people recently who have gone over to BT purely because of Sport.

Yet ironically Sky TV is used to subsidise their broadband packages.  Swings and roundabouts I guess.

----

The price of Sports TV is getting a bit out of hand if you ask me..  the SPs paying huge amounts for the rights to broadcast a game or match...  but then again thats what pays the players salaries.

Sigh I remember paying £5.99pm (I think I may have started at about £4.75) for Sky which included Sports.  The only extra back in the early/mid 90's was Movies. It was only when Sky became the only sat broadcaster that prices started to rocket.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »

yeah I was a BT infinity customer when they first got the rights.

The first immediate change was the withdrawal of free caller display.

The whole saga is affecting other services now.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:51 AM »

It certainly is,If anything they should load the price onto the tv subs and not Line rental prices and removal of the free calling features,Why should those who don't want or have BT Tv  or even BT BB be ripped off  by BT to subsidise  this crap?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »

Since Im not in the least bit interested in Sports, I totally agree.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »

I think ofcom need to step in but they wont after they got hurt in the sky court battle.

I would like to see subsidising to be banned to pay for sports rights.

The EPL is getting out of control with the costs of live footage.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »

I love watching sport,especially cricket and football but refuse to pay the extortionate costs to watch it. Ask yourself how many so called 'pundits' do Sky Sports and BT Sports have on their payrolls and at what cost.Look at how much football players get paid a week,some well in excess of £200k A WEEK.!!
I watched a bit of the FA cup match between Bradford and Reading and afterwards the so called 'pundits' said you can't play football on pitches like that(A lot of grass down the centre was well worn and sand spread in the goal mouths.
Its funny that the likes of Stanley Matthews,Tom Finney,etc,etc,etc managed it quite well and didn't dive and fall at every opportunity.. :no:
I've been a football fan all my life,started going to see Sheffield Wednesday about 1960 but refuse to now to pay these silly prices to watch them.
Its a pity Sky Sports don't take Wimbledon off the BBC,now that would be worth not watching.. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]