Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A  (Read 13516 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:34 PM »

With your speed banding you might have expected a bigger snrm increase of at least 1.0 db.

It will be hard to compare with the super router now that you are interleaved.  Your current ES rate in not large and the DLM might in any case back off given time.  The 63168 devices may or may not be better or worse when interleaved, it will be interesting to see.  If do you go back to fast path I would keep a very close eye on the errors and quickly try the HG612 again if the error rate is looking large with the Xyxel.  You only need one bad day to set off the DLM downwards, but many days to get back up.

Well I was interleaved with the Super Router as well. I will keep a close eye, I've probably another few days yet to wait for a further DLM improvement, shall see how it goes!

Yes I left the HG612 on the wall next to the router in case a quick swap is needed!

Good luck, it will be interesting to see your results :)

Will keep you all posted, and thanks Kitz for the bridging guide on the main site :)
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 04:18:45 PM »

Sadly, just had a big spike of around 70 ES - something I've never seen before.

So I've reverted to the HG612 - if I'm on a stable profile for DLM, i've just lost my full green caution counters  >:(

Well it was worth a try though, but it seems this was the reason for the Super Router causing DLM to drop so much!
Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »

In all fairness spikes do sometimes occur out of the blue for no reason.    Funny enough Ive just had one on my line about an hour ago too.

As you can see from the graph below showing previous history for the past 10 days, this is very unusual for my line.

---
Edit - how weird, when zooming in, both our spikes occurred at the same time!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:52:31 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »

In all fairness spikes do sometimes occur out of the blue for no reason.    Funny enough Ive just had one on my line about an hour ago too.

As you can see from the graph below showing previous history for the past 10 days, this is very unusual for my line.

I was just hitting 1 million FEC errors per minute - something unseen on my line  :o

Sync speed dropped by 1000kbps as well, so not sure why that's happened  ??? I'm thinking, someone else just got provisioned on the cab, upstream has taken the hit though lost 1dB upstream SNR margin.

The attached doesn't look too good
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:57:07 PM by jid »
Kind Regards
Jamie

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »

I agree that spikes can just happen but my issue with all the 63168 devices and especially the Super Router and Xyxel is that for me they consistently produce very very much bigger errors with the spikes.    I persisted for a few days with them both so on my line the effect was definite. In between the spikes I had no issues, so if I had no spikes I am sure my views would be quite different.  In jid's case he may not want to push his DLM luck with more tries.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »

I seem to have lost a lot of upstream tones? In the attached image, all the ones usually on the left have gone?
Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »

Your D3 SNRm seemed to take a hit too.   Plus those FEC's continued to spike after 4pm when you put the HG612 back on... in fact they shot up even further to 1500.   :o   Looks like your line conditions suddenly changed and you suffered some nasty noise bursts.

>>> I'm thinking, someone else just got provisioned on the cab

Possible ....  and if an engineer was twiddling to connect another user it could be why you saw the sudden spike.   

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »

In jid's case he may not want to push his DLM luck with more tries.

I agree.   Something other than the router swap appears to be affecting the line right now.   Bad day to experiment. :/   I would certainly not pursue anything right now... and just try keep that line stable as possible with one router.  The risk of DLM is too great. 
-----

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 05:13:28 PM »

Your D3 SNRm seemed to take a hit too.   Plus those FEC's continued to spike after 4pm when you put the HG612 back on... in fact they shot up even further to 1500.   :o   Looks like your line conditions suddenly changed and you suffered some nasty noise bursts.

>>> I'm thinking, someone else just got provisioned on the cab

Possible ....  and if an engineer was twiddling to connect another user it could be why you saw the sudden spike. US0 is 0dB

Yep I'm not sure what happened, a lot of my upstream bits are no longer loaded up either, never seen this before?

Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »

Your US0 is really quite strange, it looks like it took a hit at 3pm & at the time of the spike but at least the Zyxel showed retained it.   

The HG612 doesnt seem to recognise it at all and its almost like its marked all tones out of use.   It is there in your hlog though - which (I think) occurs at transceiver training phase, and before PSD and PBC.  There isnt even any SNR nvm SNRm.    I cant say Ive seen that before either.   I wonder if you did a resync if it would reappear.   Not that Im suggesting that though - its up to you if you want to chance another resync today.

Whatever happened its not normal and I wouldnt expect it to have had that effect even it it was a new line going on the cab  :(
-----

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 07:05:43 PM »

Whatever happened its not normal and I wouldnt expect it to have had that effect even it it was a new line going on the cab  :(

I'll try a resync tomorrow at some point, see if it reloads it. The other thing I noticed, before I was synced at 69335, and a few resyncs never changed that - its now dropped for some reason, maybe think to the U0? I wouldn't think that would be possible if the attainable is right up at 84,000 - surely it could sync at the max of the band, there's some SNRM spare?

If it doesn't return tomorrow, I'll get TalkTalk to run a line test to see if anything is picked up.
Kind Regards
Jamie

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 01:44:21 AM »

I resynced just now, safely out of the way of DLM, and the US bands have returned it seems. Seems you were right Kitz, a resync did solve it :)

Definitely something like someone else being connected to the cab I think ::)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:50:07 AM by jid »
Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 11:26:23 PM »

Glad it righted itself (U0)
-----

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »

Assuming that you will try the Zyxel again, it may be as well to do it soon while your green status is already damaged.  The error burst certainly looked unusual so hopefully nothing as dramatic will occur again.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »

Assuming that you will try the Zyxel again, it may be as well to do it soon while your green status is already damaged.  The error burst certainly looked unusual so hopefully nothing as dramatic will occur again.

I will be trying it but not sure when, today spotted an OR engineer in the car and lost more attainable tonight.

Seems crosstalk is to blame so at the moment I'll keep with the HG612. But I will consider putting back the Zyxel as I'm sure it would get me nearer the 70mbps sync speed.
Kind Regards
Jamie

Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything