Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What printer ink?  (Read 1641 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
What printer ink?
« on: December 31, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »

How many of you use original printer manufacturers' ink and how many copy brands? Those who use copy brands, what make do you use and prefer?

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
Re: What printer ink?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »

I just get the cheapest refills/equivalents on Ebay as long as the seller has a reasonable feedback score. My Canon printer uses 5 carts at £9 each for originals. The last ones I got on Ebay were just over £1 each.
Tony

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »

Over the years, from a support point of view, if I'm asked to look at a printer with poor quality output, invariably they're using non-original cartridges, and replacing with originals usually cures the fault.

I was recently given a used Canon Pixma high quality photo printer, and was shocked at how expensive the cartridges were, so ordered some cheaper re manufactured ones to try it out.  Well, it works, and it prints, but the quality isn't that good. 

That said - for another old printer I had a few years back I got a bargain load of re manufactured cartridges, and the quality was very good.

I also have a mid-range HP printer that I've only ever put original HP cartridges in, yet a few times found that the black ink never dries on photo prints.  Most times it's fine, leaving me wondering if I've occasionally (and unknowingly)  bought fake HP cartridges.

Overall : better results with original cartridges, but had +- results with originals and with remanuf. ones.

Ian

Ducky

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:00:46 AM »

We've got an HP Inkjet and the cartridges are expensive, but we tend to only buy cartridges when the offers are on and stock up. :)