Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: DLM Banded Profiles?  (Read 45490 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: DLM Banded Profiles?
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2015, 11:24:46 AM »

3k ES in 43 days and no SES, thats why no DLM, your billion doing good :)

I have a 70+ day uptime, although at the moment I cannot access stats as I cannot get access to the 2nd lan subnet on tomatousb firmware.

kitz do you think phyr is been used on the upstream?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:29 AM »

I have a 70+ day uptime, although at the moment I cannot access stats as I cannot get access to the 2nd lan subnet on tomatousb firmware.

Unless you've checked the site you won't be aware that you've NOT been getting any data into MDWS for some time now as your modem logs that you are uploading are full of zeros instead of data so get rejected. Your username shows up in red for uploaders with this problem (as does spadge007). Your last valid upload was on Jan 7th 10:00.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2015, 12:21:31 PM »

Thanks Kitz. Interesting about DLM calculator. I was hoping my Billions stay connection for 365 days if all possible (without any power cut) but I know it not possible due to thunderstorms this summer will cause power cut off. It's would be very interesting what the ES rate are in 365 days.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2015, 12:33:16 PM »

kitz do you think phyr is been used on the upstream?

Probably - adslmax has FECs but no interleaving.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2015, 12:48:31 PM »

Kitz - I do remember plusnet staff told me that DLM is only counting on the downstream (not upstream) but I do remember a few months back when my DLM was hit on the downstream because of my own fault swapped over modem without wait for 30 minutes but interleaving was put on the upstream as well. I think it was INP 4.00 (upstream) and INP 3.00 (downstream) I found the screenshot below.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »

Unless you've checked the site you won't be aware that you've NOT been getting any data into MDWS for some time now as your modem logs that you are uploading are full of zeros instead of data so get rejected. Your username shows up in red for uploaders with this problem (as does spadge007). Your last valid upload was on Jan 7th 10:00.

obviously I wont be uploading if the lan access is cutoff :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2015, 12:54:26 PM »

obviously I wont be uploading if the lan access is cutoff :)

But you ARE uploading as I said ....

Edit:
Or were until 12:53
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:57:37 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2015, 12:54:55 PM »

I mean I wont be uploading useful data.

I disabled the task for now, to keep you happy.

Might be an idea for the tool to skip uploading if it fails to fetch stats.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2015, 01:02:41 PM »

plusnet staff told me that DLM is only counting on the downstream (not upstream)

Im afraid thats partially wrong.  With 21CN/FTTC the DLM monitors both the upstream and downstream independently. 
Many years ago when adslmax first came in DLM only monitored downstream.   Downstream only monitoring is just on the remaining 20CN exchanges which cant get adsl2+ and fttc.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2015, 01:04:54 PM »

You need to ask BE1 to get that to happen but it is a problem I believe he is aware of...

I'm not unhappy, just trying to help you but won't bother again -  but BE1 might be unhappy as he gets an email every minute telling him whenever this happens for a user
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »

I found an option to turn of mydslwebstats so thats off now.

Currently messing with router still trying to get this to work.  Now my pc can ping the billion but no telnet or http still.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »

Tony is fixed now, but I wont enable the mydslwebstats again just yet as still more network configuring to do.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2015, 06:34:07 PM »

Currently messing with router still trying to get this to work

Is there not an option (that works on some modems) "Route Modem IP"

If you are using the hg612 it will not work.

Ian

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2015, 06:38:22 PM »

You need to ask BE1 to get that to happen but it is a problem I believe he is aware of...

I'm not unhappy, just trying to help you but won't bother again -  but BE1 might be unhappy as he gets an email every minute telling him whenever this happens for a user

I just keep deleting the emails every now & then.

I haven't been around much of late as I've been really busy work-wise & also attempting to complete my 18 month home refurbs (now in year 12!!!!).

I had a dabble with HG612_stats.exe this morning, to hopefully avoid the "All Zeros" emails etc.

If no stats are being harvested at all, the best option would be to completely disable the every minute task.
Doing that would cease all attempts to obtain snapshot AND every minute data harvesting.

However, as some users may wish to continue with snapshot logging (local PC graphs stored only), but disable Ongoing logging, the attached version of HG612_stats.exe [v 4.0.0.8] & Upload.exe [v 4.0.0.0] used together should not attempt to upload anything at all to MDWS every minute when Ongoing logging is switched OFF.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »

Sadly after 9 days DLM didn't recover this morning so I'm thinking my caution count has now been increased?

What is the Open reach opinion on you having an unlocked modem, the original ECI I had two years ago is still sitting in the cupboard unused. Would I need to swap the unlocked one out when an engineer visits, as it's possible TalkTalk want to send one as I'm below the threshold for the line?

I now have a "spare" HG612, which I thought I'd test as its got a newer manufacture date - bad move, spurt of 200,000 FEC errors and 1000+ crcs, unplugged that mad one straight away!!

Can't see how that would cause an issue as I assumed the hardware is identical? Upstream SNR has increased too since the resync
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:59:13 PM by jid »
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

anything