Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TT Super Router failing  (Read 8401 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
TT Super Router failing
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »

Gentlefolk,

I came across a strange intermittent fault still present after a hard reset on a HG635. At power up it works as normal but after around 5 minutes all ethernet ports still show connected but they lose internet access whilst the wireless connections remain working.

The router and firmware haven't been modified in any way by the end user.

Has anybody else come across such a partial intermittent fault ?

I've attached a photograph showing the serial number.

Kind regards,
Walter

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: TT Super Router failing
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 09:32:23 PM »

Haven't notice an issue with mine which is on f/w 1.04t and I've only had it a couple of weeks....

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »

Mine has be working for about a month, no ethernet problems, but 2.4Ghz wifi needs restarting every 24 hours or so.

Ian

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »

Mine has been fine but it gives me more errors than an HG612- with odd noise events - SHINE events.   I did have it apart to add serial port connections and some components run pretty hot which may not bode well for long term lifespan.  i would guess the one you mention is faulty.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »

I came across a strange intermittent fault still present after a hard reset on a HG635. At power up it works as normal but after around 5 minutes all ethernet ports still show connected but they lose internet access whilst the wireless connections remain working.

That reads as if it is a thermal related problem. Perhaps you could arrange temporary forced cooling as a test?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 02:45:40 PM »

Gentlefolk,

The EU concerned had a TT Engineer yesterday morning who confirmed the modem was faulty and replaced it.

HOWEVER today the new Superhub has failed in an identical fashion. I note on the other much older thread a comment from Broadstairs today that a new firmware version is being broadcast complete with some most unwanted "Features" which leads me to suppose this manifestation is yet another one !

Kind regards,
Walter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 12:04:37 AM »

:(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »

I have not seen more than one other failure report.  Did the Engineer use a new power supply.  Two in row is very odd unless they are being cooked by something.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »

I'll add to this as well as I trialed the Super Router, and this new firmware V1.06 is awful.

Mine's also killed its own ethernet ports this week and i'm back to the HG612 modem atm and to be honest, it's much more stable with the old HG533 router.

Replacement on the way, but may not even bother installing it.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »

I did have a play with the hg533 today and it's wifi performance is terrible compared to the super router. Seems I'll be having to go back to it.
Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 05:23:49 PM »

/*   Off topic

Hi Jamie, nice to see you around.  Hope that all is going well for you at Uni  :)

*/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

delia

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »

Hi Jamie. I am struggling with the HG533 too. Just wondering what you mean when you say its Wifi performance is terrible? I keep losing connection to the router, particularly when several devices are connected  :(
Delia

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 08:42:04 PM »

Hi Jamie. I am struggling with the HG533 too. Just wondering what you mean when you say its Wifi performance is terrible? I keep losing connection to the router, particularly when several devices are connected  :(
Delia

HG533 is a very poor router for WiFi I've always found. Best thing you can do is request a replacement from TalkTalk as likely because you are on Fibre (from your other thread you mention the mode HG612), they will send you the new Super Router - this isn't a brilliant router either, but its more stable than the HG533 you have now :)
Kind Regards
Jamie

delia

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »

Thanks for reply. I'm not on fibre sadly. I was wondering about buying a router as I'm fed up of struggling with the Talk talk ones. But it's difficult to know which one would be best.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 09:21:50 PM »

Thanks for reply. I'm not on fibre sadly. I was wondering about buying a router as I'm fed up of struggling with the Talk talk ones. But it's difficult to know which one would be best.

So you are using the HG612 modem are you? You mentioned that in the other thread, or were you referring to the HG533?

Personally, I've just had a Super Router fail on me which has caused endless issues, so I've purchased a TP Link Archer C7 Cable Modem in the hope it'll improve things for the wifi and ethernet performance, it also supports TalkTalk's TV product if you have that - my reason for purchasing it.
Kind Regards
Jamie

Pages: [1] 2