Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Removing Video Sound Tracks  (Read 10115 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: Video Sound
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »

Ok I see  ;D  I only tested it on one video.
I will try it when she comes home again at the weekend.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 08:44:47 PM »

Depending upon the number of video files to be processed, you might find it best to perform the task overnight when the system does not have any human users calling upon its capabilities. A cron job, perhaps?  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »

Depending upon the number of video files to be processed, you might find it best to perform the task overnight when the system does not have any human users calling upon its capabilities. A cron job, perhaps?  :)

Yes that would be a good idea, I think in the first day there would be about 20 ?.
She has opted to use her own camera and her spare battery,  she can turn the sound off on that too, but the uni has now lent her a second video camera but it's the lack of batteries with them for the 4 hours (for 10 days  :'() of videoing she wants to do . :o
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »

Yes that would be a good idea, I think in the first day there would be about 20 ?.
She has opted to use her own camera and her spare battery,  she can turn the sound off on that too, but the uni has now lent her a second video camera but it's the lack of batteries with them for the 4 hours (for 10 days  :'() of videoing she wants to do . :o

if I use my hi8 camcorder with the battery from my pro DV camera, I get 10 hours :P

tickmike

• Kitizen
Re: Removing Video Sound Tracks
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

Its a pain because the uni should have spare batteries  , It would not take them long to order some  >:D

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 12:19:11 AM »

Its a pain because the uni should have spare batteries  , It would not take them long to order some  >:D

yeah they should, or at least extended capacity ones. Probably too expensive for them though.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 10:09:55 AM »

@burakkucat
Your script worked a treat my daughter says thank you. :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 04:44:23 PM »

@burakkucat
Your script worked a treat my daughter says thank you. :)

Purrfect. Happy to have helped.  ;D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything