Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Project Komodo  (Read 8143 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Project Komodo
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »

btw..   I noticed today that Sky now have their own "Tech Team" which looks similar to TT's Bright Sparks.

http://www.sky.com/products/broadband-talk/broadband/tech-team/index.html

Sky Broadband Tech Team - Toy Story That Time Forgot   <--------------   Eh?  Whats that about ??

Broadband support that goes beyond

Who are the Tech Team?

A specially trained and equipped team of Sky Engineers dedicated to solving your broadband problems and keeping you online.

At what point will the Tech Team visit my home?

If the issue can't be solved over the phone, a specially trained Sky Engineer can be sent to your home. We operate a 7 day a week service so we can even send engineers out at the weekend.

I wonder how many times the tech team will be sent out when an Openreach Engineer is needed?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »

If they're anything like other ISP's 'Tech teams', I wouldn't allow them over the threshold.

pluto

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »

did anyone like me wonder why they are moving it over to broadband from aerial.   
Is it just me who is old fashioned and still think that TV is best via aerial?

TV transmission via aerial (Freeview terrestrial or satellite) is very expensive for the broadcaster, at least it appears so if you have an alternative (broadband multicast) method of distribution available to you at comparatively low cost.

I can well see the appeal (to BT) of broadband distribution of their TV channels in lieu of Freeview although there are, surely, going to be massive contractual issues with many sports fans to whom BT's current broadband deals are only acceptable if the BT Sport channels are included, but become grossly overpriced if those channels are no longer available.

What is going to happen about those punters excluded from BT Sport channels on the grounds that their broadband simply isn't up to the task of streaming hi-def. telly (or standard def. for that matter)? Are such 'excluded' punters going to be offered FTTC at highly tempting rates? I predict violence on the terraces unless BT bites the bullet on this one.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything