Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BT Local Status Checker.  (Read 39766 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
BT Local Status Checker.
« on: October 22, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »

From our 'Loop' comms.

In the spirit of openness, we’ve added another new feature to the Expect Openreach site – a local network status checker. This is where end customers can go to find out if there are major service-affecting issues in their postcode area. It’s very simple to use – just tap in a postcode and you’ll see whether there are any incidents such as cable breaks or problems with NGA. It will also include serious weather-related information, such as flooding or heavy snow and can also be used in the case of incidents which might have an impact on our ability to reach certain areas; for instance pandemics or civil disturbance. It won’t show small faults and doesn’t replace the fault checker used by communications providers, but will help to reassure their customers that if there is a major incident, Openreach is on the case.

You can check it out for yourself at http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/problems-with-your-phone-or-broadband/search.aspx

edited by admin
Changed topic title and stickied.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:24:32 AM by kitz »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: May be of use ??
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »

Thank you for mentioning the link. I now have it bookmarked appropriately.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »

Me too :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 12:21:51 AM »

Thank you :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

notaclue

Re: BT Local Status Checker.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »

Do you have to be an open reach member to view?
All I am getting is an error page.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »

Do you have to be an open reach member to view?
All I am getting is an error page.

No.  :no:  You should see a screen just like that shown below --
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

notaclue

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »

It works now, but it didn't then! :p

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »

Get it reported on the 'Network Status Checker', notaclue.  ;) ;D ;D

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

richi

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »

Not working for me for a few weeks  :(

Anyone know where it's gone?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 10:41:16 PM »

Just read the last FAQ on that page - there will be some unhappy people in Chelsea!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »

Maybe they're over it now, resigned or upgraded. It's been known from mid '17.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 01:20:32 AM »

Residents from the Chelsea exchange can also still sign up to the 18/2 FTTC product, that was withdrawn for the rest of the country. It's about the same price as ADSL (or was if not now) so any customers that were on the Chelsea exchange at least had options.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 09:29:14 AM »

there will be some unhappy people in Chelsea!

Come 2031, there could be quite a few exchanges in a similar situation, especially in area's where buildings and land are at a premium.    Some of the properties have been re-sold and for at least some of these, the new landlords are just biding their time until they can kick BT out or renegotiate the lease at a premium cost. 
eg £45M @ High Holborn. There's probably quite a few more in certain areas.
Even BT's National Distribution centre. expires 2026.

The re-selling of leaseholds has become big business that many people are not aware of.   There's a lot of building organisations such as Barrett etc who have sold out 100's of thousands of their leaseholds to property developers and home owners have found ground rent prices have sky rocketed, despite many people thinking they own their own home they too have been affected and their hands are tied.    I'm only aware because a friend of mine in involved in one of the campaigns to try get some sort of protection for property owners.   Search Leasehold Scandal if you want to know more, but there is rumour that Leasehold Scandal could be the next PPI in terms of mis-selling.   

btw Property leaseholds was one of the problematic areas mentioned should a split between BT & Openreach occur.

BT’s estate includes over 5,000 exchanges and hundreds of other buildings. Ownership of many of these has been transferred to Telereal under a sale and leaseback arrangement. An independent Openreach would need to take over many buildings. However, BT’s arrangement with Telereal does not fully allow BT to assign its occupational leases of the properties. To achieve this it would require a renegotiation of the arrangements. This would be extremely complex and costly and result in BT being subject to high penalty charges. Any assignment of the BT occupational leases will have implications for associated sub-tenancy agreements entered into with CPs, which use exchanges for equipment or accommodation.

The ownership of each premises would need to be dealt with individually. Short cuts would not be possible: for example, exchange buildings may house Openreach network assets and non-Openreach core network assets (and they can include space rented by CPs). Each building would need to be properly surveyed and plans prepared to determine which parts would remain owned by BT and which would be transferred to the new legal entity. There would be significant expenses, in particular legal and surveyors’ costs and the landlord’s professional fees. It would be a resource intensive programme, requiring some years to complete. It might be possible for BT to sub let the buildings to Openreach, but the sub-leases would have to be consistent with the term of BT’s current occupational lease arrangement and could only be granted until 2031. In addition to the lengthy process of preparing plans of the sub-let areas for shared properties, the issue of physical separation and working out the allocation of the various costs applicable to the properties would lead to practical complications involving substantial fees and significant amount time and resource.
-----
Pages: [1] 2

anything