Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: getting BT Home Hub 3 version B to work on another provider in another country  (Read 1447 times)

Andy_From_Ireland

• Just arrived

Hi there - i bought a BT home hub 3 (version B) Modem/Router from a car boot sale in the UK a couple of years back, only cost a fiver so didnt break the bank - but i brought it back to Ireland with me and changed the VPI to 8 and the VCI to 35 and chose PPPoe and LLC and  and it locked onto my ADSL (g.DMT) absolutely fine - the only problem is when I put in our username vodafone@vodafone.ie and broadband as the password (which has worked on all my other modem routers) the BT home hub sayssomething about its not a recognised provider or something like that, have i no hope of using this modem/router then over here in Ireland? thanks for any help/workarounds.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project

Hello Andy. Welcome to the Kitz forum.

From what I can recall about the BT HH3B it is locked to the BT domain. Some time ago I had one working on my TalkTalk line but that was only possible because the login credentials presented by a modem/router are ignored, authentication takes place via the CLI (calling line indicator).

Others have may have further items of information but the main knowledge source for the BT HHs, the PsiDOC website, is no more.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

les-70

• Kitizen

It is possible that  http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=13455.0 has what you need.  It certainly has files and instructions for Home Hub 3 version A but maybe not type B.  it has all that was on Psidoc via links in some posts.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:33:15 PM by les-70 »