Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: aardvark's line on mydslwebstats  (Read 6552 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
aardvark's line on mydslwebstats
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »

Seem's odd?

massive attainable and snrm, extremely low errors but he is interleaved.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: aardvark's line on mydslwebstats
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:06:51 AM »

Look at his Attainable & Actual Sync graphs over the last 2 days.

Maybe that or other similar issues has forced DLM to apply Interleaving.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:45 AM »

eke...  Possibly something to do with this?

What happened the other day?  :'(

eta

or is that what happens when you are offline.
I cant suss out because mine is weird too.   (I also mucked mine up last time I put another router on - didnt realise/forgot that the scheduled task would still be running.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:12:49 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 12:33:08 AM »

or is that what happens when you are offline.
I cant suss out because mine is weird too.   (I also mucked mine up last time I put another router on - didnt realise/forgot that the scheduled task would still be running.

Probably not when the connection is completely offline.

Earlier versions of HG612_stats.exe did upload either logs full of zeros or zero sized files, whether stats had been successfully harvested or not.

More recent versions should have addressed that issue though.

If you don't already have it, it might be worth trying the latest beta version (v 4.0.0.3) as obtained by enabling "Receive beta updates" in Ronski's GUI

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 03:21:36 AM »

Seem's odd?

massive attainable and snrm, extremely low errors but he is interleaved.

Just seen the thread.
I have been hit by DLM  ARRRGH !!! :( :( :(
I tried to see if I could get the same config as detailed in kitz Zyxel VMG8324-B10A howto (PhyR & SRA enabled ...)
After a few tries/modem reboots which proved I could not get either to work enabled; the line was working OK at the usual 79887down/19999up.
At approx 3.00am the modem re-synced of its own accord and I was interleaved at 72500down/19999up approx.
I can only assume that DLM decided to re-sync the line to 'improve' the line.
I am now waiting for DLM to decide to kill interleaving but I have been waiting 3 days so far.

Lesson: DO NOT PLAY WITH THE MODEM ..... DLM WILL BITE YOU BACK !!!!!    :o :o :( :( :'( :'(

BTW: Sorry for mucking up the stats .... I had a few problems with hung 'HG612 modem log stats' processes blocking it working OK and a few re-starts as I was installing software which needed reboots (incl MS updates).

General Question: Would Plusnet request a DLM restart if I asked, to fix this problem ?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:26:43 AM by AArdvark »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »

BTW: Sorry for mucking up the stats .... I had a few problems with hung 'HG612 modem log stats' processes blocking it working OK and a few re-starts as I was installing software which needed reboots (incl MS updates).

Are the hung 'HG612 modem log stats' issues now fixed at your end?

General Question: Would Plusnet request a DLM restart if I asked, to fix this problem ?

I'm sure that Plusnet would argue that as the DLM intervention to apply interleaving was self-induced, they wouldn't have a valid reason to ask BTOR to perform a DLM reset, particularly as it still requires an engineer's visit for which 'someone' would have to pay for.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »

Short answer is no, but since your line is so good, it will happen within 1-2 weeks probably.  Thanks for giving us the reason.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 11:37:51 AM »

If you don't already have it, it might be worth trying the latest beta version (v 4.0.0.3) as obtained by enabling "Receive beta updates" in Ronski's GUI

Thanks, I did up date about a week or so ago.   Ive had the TPlink back on for the past several days, so I'll check again when I put the Zyxel back on.   

This is the current config. -  I disabled the task in the hope that it wouldnt then be sending useless info to mydslwebstats

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 11:42:49 AM »

I have been hit by DLM  ARRRGH !!! :( :( :(
I tried to see if I could get the same config as detailed in kitz Zyxel VMG8324-B10A howto (PhyR & SRA enabled ...)
After a few tries/modem reboots which proved I could not get either to work enabled; the line was working OK at the usual 79887down/19999up.

At approx 3.00am the modem re-synced of its own accord and I was interleaved at 72500down/19999up approx.
I can only assume that DLM decided to re-sync the line to 'improve' the line.
I am now waiting for DLM to decide to kill interleaving but I have been waiting 3 days so far.

Lesson: DO NOT PLAY WITH THE MODEM ..... DLM WILL BITE YOU BACK !!!!!    :o :o :( :( :'( :'(

Oh No  :'(

Unfortunately, unlike adsl1/2+ where the DLM is under control of BTw, they cant with BTOR FTTC.   Stupidly theres only BTOpenreach engineers that can request a DLM reset  :(

However, like Chrys said, because your line is very good, it shouldnt take too long.  It would be interesting to note exactly how soon it recovers as yours should be a 'best case'.
-----

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »

Are the hung 'HG612 modem log stats' issues now fixed at your end?

I'm sure that Plusnet would argue that as the DLM intervention to apply interleaving was self-induced, they wouldn't have a valid reason to ask BTOR to perform a DLM reset, particularly as it still requires an engineer's visit for which 'someone' would have to pay for.

Ans to BE1: Yes thanks, the stats problem are solved (Didn't know I had them until I had an email from Tony.)

Re: the DLM restart, your answer is as expected ..... didn't know a DLM restart required a OR Engineers visit  :o ???
I thought it would be a simple on-line 'reset' from the comfort of an office somewhere in OR's Tech support organisation. ;D

Kitz:
Don't jinx me !!!!!  :no: :no: :no:
Never call my line a 'Best Case' the 'Broadband gods' [OR] will punish such huberis.  ;D ;D ;D

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

Hmmm, think you mean version 4.0.0.2?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 02:22:48 PM »

That's why it too risky to play around with modem too much otherwise DLM will bite you! But, on the very good line, it should recovered back to fast path again within 2 weeks if leave modem well alone! As I can understand you can ask PN to sent out BTO Engineer to reset your line but I think PN will charge u for this. But, beware of BTO engineer can be missing appointment (never reset the line)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:25:11 PM by adslmax »

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 06:55:27 AM »

All,

As a follow-on to this thread I have been looking more closely at my SNRM and it has 'fallen off a cliff' !!!

I was the 2nd line in the new cab to get FTTC on 22/08/2014.

I can assume that more lines have been activated, to date, but is the drastic fall of SNRM normal ?
If not what could it be ?

[I have not changed any cabling, all connections are as per the OR install. Also no new appliances or lights etc fitted. Noise source must be external]
Is this crosstalk in action ?

Lots of variations on the same question  ;D
What is it ?

P.S. Kitz do you remember the 'Hubris' [Being awake, spelt correctly this time] comment ........ Contention proven I think !!!!  :D :D :D

Ritual sacrifice will duly be made to the appropriate OR Gods (Hot Soldering Iron in hand to do the deed)  :D :D :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »

I can assume that more lines have been activated, to date, but is the drastic fall of SNRM normal ?

Unfortunately its something all us have seen :(

I wasnt one of the first on my cab so I will have escaped the worst jumps, but even so over the past year my experience is that Ive lost circa 20Mbps of headline speed.   Most of the dramatic decreases were in the early months and ['sacrifice to the DSL Gods made'] it has levelled off more now.  I do still see a slow decline every so often of the loss of another 500kbps or so. 

To compound matters I developed a HR Line fault a couple of days after placing my order for fibre, which also affected my first few months on fttc so my early graphs are very messy and hard to see anyhow but my days of max headline being 105 Mbps are long gone :(

Before I got the Zyxel in March I was down to 86Mbps using the HG612. 
The ZyXel took me back up to a few kb short of 90Mb.
Im now at 88.7Mb on the Zyxel [or 82.5Mb on the TD-W9980]

What is it ?

Its called cross-talk or FeXT.   
Its not contention, its when other lines cause noise on your line (hence why your SNRm suddenly drops like youve seen). 
These lines are known as disturbers...  and some lines cause more disturbance than others.   Just about everyone of us on here has seen it..  we notice and say to ourselves - there goes another line being added to the cab. :(
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »

yeah a large drop is probably normal crosstalk on openreach cabling.  Especially if you was early on the cab.

I had 2 of them in my first 3 weeks.  I then had a 3rd over 18 months later about a month ago which I got cancelled out with a pair swap.

Basically its luck of the draw with where you are in the pair bundle and if a neighbouring pair gets FTTC activated, sometimes a pair can be activated and it affects you by zilch, other times it may affect you by a small amount say 1-3mbit of attainable sync, other times it can be a big disturber and wipe out 10+ in one go.  It would seem on FTTC its an advantage to be on the outside of a pair bundle meaning you less likely to get crosstalk although you may be more likely to get outside interference.
Pages: [1] 2