Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)  (Read 296682 times)

RADDY1993

• Just arrived
Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U (VDSL modem/router)
« Reply #300 on: January 08, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »

Hi all , i just got this router and have it running on sky fibre, is there anything i should or could change in settings to improve performance.

Heres my DSL log: http://puu.sh/ef8DD/b272fad304.png

Heres my DSL settings: http://puu.sh/ef8JX/50029d43ab.png
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:52:06 PM by RADDY1993 »

richardb20

• Just arrived
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »

I got mine a couple of days ago, replaces a basically non-functional BTHOmeHub5 which would not stop rebooting.

These setting work well, nice and stable.

Here's my setup and log, FWIW:

R.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:24:17 PM by richardb20 »

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #302 on: March 26, 2015, 02:32:45 PM »

A new beta firmware has just been released today, specifically targetted for those having stability issues on VDSL2. There's a new option called 'ESNP', enhanced sudden noise protection. Full details plus download link are here (by the ASUS rep).

carcuscrae

« Reply #303 on: April 12, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »

Hi

Can someone please help?

I've just had BT Infinity installed and I now can't get this router to connect to the internet. It worked fine on my old ADSL line.

I've done a factory reset and when the router starts up the DSL connects and the blue light comes on. So i logon to the router but the internet still shows it as disconnected. I go into the quick internet setup and set the password, the router then tries to auto detect my internet connection but fails, so i chose UK and BT Infinity (NO VLAN ID), the only other BT Infinity options are BT Infinity 2 & BT Infinity Business. I then enter a username, BTHOMEHUB@BTBROADBAND.COM and a password of BT. I then go through the wireless settings screen and click next. The internet still show as disconnected, but the DSL Settings on the Admin page show 39 down 7 up and connected.

What am I doing wrong? Please help its driving me mad!

By the way my BT supplied HH5 works fine on the line so I know the internet is working.

Thanks

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2015, 05:38:18 PM »

VLAN 101

carcuscrae

« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »

Hi

Thanks for that its got me up and running. However i'm getting lots of CRC down errors, is there anything else I need to change?

Thanks

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

Ensure that
  • bitswapping
  • seamless rate adoption (SRA)
  • G.Inp
is enabled, both DS & US. Then allow the circuit to "settle" for 24 hours.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »

Hi

Thanks for that its got me up and running. However i'm getting lots of CRC down errors, is there anything else I need to change?

Thanks

You might need to use the ESNP beta firmware, this fixed stability issues (e.g. large spikes of CRC errors, or loss of syncs). See http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27828975&postcount=1676

carcuscrae

« Reply #308 on: April 15, 2015, 08:43:36 AM »

Ok so I logged onto my router this morning and saw there was a new firmware released which included the ESNP setting so I assume this is the official version of the beta some of you have been running, is there anything I need to change or do I just leave it with the default settings?

On another note I spotted my PathMode has change from FastPath to Interleaved, is this good or bad? If its bad is there anyway I can get it back to FastPath? I assume it is bad as my download speed seems to have dropped by about 4mbs.

Thanks

anythingother

« Reply #309 on: April 15, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »

Ok so I logged onto my router this morning and saw there was a new firmware released which included the ESNP setting so I assume this is the official version of the beta some of you have been running, is there anything I need to change or do I just leave it with the default settings?

On another note I spotted my PathMode has change from FastPath to Interleaved, is this good or bad? If its bad is there anyway I can get it back to FastPath? I assume it is bad as my download speed seems to have dropped by about 4mbs.

Thanks
You have probably had too many disconnects so DLM will have moved you from fastpath to interleaved in an attempt to stabilise your connection. Your ping rate will also have increased.

Load the new firmware, do a hard reset afterwards and set the whole thing up from scratch. Use the wizard and let it automatically detect your line. Sometimes is doesn't detect the line at the first attempt so try a few times.

If you can get it set up properly and stable then fastpath will probably return in a few weeks.

carcuscrae

« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2015, 10:29:21 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I did as you said and everything seems really stable now, no CRC errors at all currently. Now just need it to go back to FastPath!

Only thing that didn't work was the auto detect, I tried about 20 times but in the end I had to set it manually. As such are there any settings I need to change or should I just leave everything with the defaults? I saw something mentioned about changing the VDSL profile from 30a to 17a, does this need to be done?

Thanks

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2015, 10:32:42 PM »

The profile currently is use is 17a.

carcuscrae

« Reply #312 on: April 16, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »

Does it improve anything by using 17a? Mine seems stable enough using 30a so what's the benefit?

Thanks

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #313 on: April 16, 2015, 01:17:31 AM »

Does it improve anything by using 17a? Mine seems stable enough using 30a so what's the benefit?

Thanks

No benefit, it just means it will accept 30a should it ever become available (if you leave it on 30a), otherwise it will choose 17a automatically if 30a isn't available (which currently it isn't).

If you see stability issues or worrying amounts of CRC errors then change ESNP setting to 'stable'. Other than that it should be fine.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #314 on: April 16, 2015, 01:42:13 AM »

There is no profile 30a within the UK. You may have set the device's configuration to that profile but it appears that the device has some inbuilt intelligence and has ignored your directive by selecting the only profile that exists, 17a.

It's late and I can't put my paws on the information to provide you with a link, so I'll just suggest that you look at the Profiles section of the Wikipedia  Very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line 2 page and Beattie's SIN498.

[Edited to add: I see Ixel has already posted but I'll leave the above, as it stands.]

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35