Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Android Tablet Google Password Fails.  (Read 7621 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Android Tablet Google Password Fails.
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:34:15 AM »

Android Tablet Google Password Fails.
Things started to go wrong on my wife's tablet last week  >:D, she kept getting error message over and over again that It could not connect to Google services etc.it just took over the tablet, you could not do anything .
I tried to remove the app. stored data and catch data, but it was the same.
It the end I did a 'Factory' re-set. :o
Now trying to log in to Google or Google play store it just keeps saying the password or username is wrong  >:D I'm sure it's not.
I have tried login recovery.
Is it best to just create a new login ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Android Tablet Google Password Fails.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:25:27 AM »

My brother recently had this on his phone, it suddenly started saying his password was incorrect.

In the end we did a password reset and that cured it
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:53:58 AM »

In the end we did a password reset and that cured it
We tried that and the questions Google were asking we could not answer, eg tell us some of the latest emails you sent ? It was used for the play-store  only and my wife's on line Facebook games :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:24:26 AM »

I had a phone number setup on his account,  so I think it only asked for that and a recent password.

May be easier just to setup a new account, although you may have to buy any apps again.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »

I had a phone number setup on his account,  so I think it only asked for that and a recent password.

May be easier just to setup a new account, although you may have to buy any apps again.
On her laptop Facebook uses the same gmail un & pw for her games and that Works :o so why does it not work on the tablet or if we try to sign in on email account.
She only uses free apps. ;)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »

Is it possible some other bottleneck has been hit, that is causing logins to fail even though the password is valid?

For example I had a vaguely (but not very) similar intermittent issue a few months back, when connection to google for IMAP mail download from my Mac, PC and tablets were often being rejected in a way that suggested username or password errors.   In that case, the problem turned out to be that gmail has a limit on the number of concurrent IMAP connections, and they were all being hogged by a mail App running in background on an Android phone.  Sorry can't remember all the details and the phone's no longer in use, but ISTR that I killed the Android App, all was well on the Mac and other devices.

That does not sound exactly like tickmike's problems but it may provide some inspiration..?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 01:07:27 PM »

It's not a matter of case sensitivity, is it? Could you be entering the password in the wrong case, perhaps?
  Eric

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »

On her laptop Facebook uses the same gmail un & pw for her games and that Works :o so why does it not work on the tablet or if we try to sign in on email account.
She only uses free apps. ;)

That's exactly the problem we had, one device was fine and another was acting as if the password was wrong, but it wasn't.  Resetting the password fixed the problem,  perhaps see if you can reset it from the device that still has access.