Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: My ZyXel VMG8324-B10A - my first impressions  (Read 33098 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: My ZyXel VMG8324-B10A - my first impressions
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2017, 10:13:12 AM »

I have (yesterday) had another hang of telnet and unable to access the web interface. This happens periodically and last time was after 100+ days and yesterday was after 35 days. Fed up with this I have opened a support ticket with ZyXEL this morning and will feed back anything I get. When this happens the ruter and all its internet connections continues to work but the only way to reset telnet and the web interface is a power cycle, so I took the opportunity to install V16 f/w, was running V15. This issue has happened over time probably on every f/w I have used. It is really annoying to have a bug like this where you have to do a re-sync even though the router continues to function in every other way.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2017, 09:11:44 PM »

Well I thinnk I must have got a 1st line person as they asked me to turn on logging and send it to them next time it happens, now considering that when it happens the ONLY way to access the gui is to power cycle it there does not seem any point in capturing a log which gets wiped when you power cycle  :doh: so now they have passed the issue to 2nd line support.

Stuart

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »

Hi

I thought the logs were non-volatile and remained after a reboot.

I'm on 80 days sync so far with mine, it's constantly getting polled on Telnet to get stats, but it is in modem only mode and I rarely log into the Web UI.  Will be interesting to see if it survives the next few weeks as I get 100 plus days up time.

The firmware has never been 100% reliable, and it will be some type of memory leak triggered in certain circumstances, and they probably couldn't track it down without more effort than they are willing to put into it.

Regards

Phil

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2017, 04:51:31 PM »

Well obviously level 1 and level 2 support have no idea whether or not the log survives a power cycle as they have now passed the buck to the developers. I don't need to test this on my 8924 but I might dig out my 8324 and try that as it's not being used and wont affect my stats.

I have had this happen twice in 155 days, one after 120 days and second time after another 35 days so no idea why it happens and does not seem related to the time up.

Stuart
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]