Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567235 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1875 on: December 12, 2017, 07:30:46 PM »

You cannot normally register another user name on a terminal with an existing registration. Using another terminal will be okay as long as the details have never been used with MDWS.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

adrianw

• Reg Member
« Reply #1876 on: December 12, 2017, 07:45:18 PM »

Thanks Tony. Yes, the PC I am attempting to register from has been used with MDWS. I'll try a laptop which I don't think has been used. Though, if it is the IP address which matters, (the same due to NAT), I'll be reduced to seeing what happens from a 4G Android phone.

adrianw

• Reg Member
« Reply #1877 on: December 12, 2017, 11:54:49 PM »

Doing the whole set up of my second account from a 4G Nexus 5x worked (different email address needed), and I can now view both lines' 24 hour stats in a couple of panes for a single PC log on. Bliss. I will be able to easily monitor the progress of DLM on a line I have just had switched from BT to AAISP. User adrianws if anybody is interested. My home line (adrianw) will be migrating from Plusnet to AAISP early next year.

My thanks to the authors of the  HG612 firmware mods, DSLstats and MDWS.

jabz

• Just arrived
« Reply #1878 on: December 14, 2017, 08:43:22 PM »

Hi Tony
it appears a few more of the ip ranges that my ISP uses is blocked by mydslwebstats. As a result, my stats have been wiped off the server as it couldn't update for a while.

I tried contacting you via email but you address is failing with an error (sent via gmail), error is 454 TLS not available due to temporary reason.

Here is their whole netblock for my ISP, please unblock all the range.
The Spark retail broadband IP Address range is in AS4771.

https://bgp.he.net/AS4771#_prefixes

thanks

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1879 on: December 14, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »

Hi

Yes, you've not uploaded since August 6th, hence the deletion in November. The problem mail I have no idea - that response is often used by Google to greylist a message as possible spam but I don't see anything here. You could try changing your email (or I can do that for you) to a non-Google address and see if that works I suppose. I assume you have upload fail monitoring turned on, if so then there have been no bounces here and I assume you have only just recently  noticed the lack of uploads.

Sorry, but there is no way I can find the time to get that list into the system, it's way way too big and there are several different places it could be happening. It is one of the problems of allowing non-UK users which wasn't the original intention. The server suffers all day long from attacks and there are a lot of blocking systems in use although New Zealand isn't one of the intentional blocks..

The best I can do is, as I've done before, to allow the current IP block you are using if you PM me your current IP for both lines if different. Can you get a fixed IP range to use?
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #1880 on: December 26, 2017, 12:54:20 AM »

I dont really know whats limited if you dont donate as I donated very close to when it got launched since I found the project very useful and I know it helps others as well.  I have since donated more times and will continue to do in future.

sincx

• Just arrived
« Reply #1881 on: December 31, 2017, 06:44:48 PM »

Hello,

I'm a little confused as MyDSLWebStats is not collecting any uploaded data from my PiZero running DSLStats 6.1. Logged in as sincx. It was all working until the 29th December.

I've checked that the DSLStats is running and getting data from my modem and the MyDSLWebStats Configuration page  on DSLStats v6.1 confirms I'm connected to MyDSLWebStats.

I also have Internet connectivity from the PiZero.

I've tried everything I can think of including rebooting the PIZero.

I'm confused and would appreciate any help.

Thanks and a Happy New Year,

sincx

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1882 on: January 01, 2018, 10:35:47 AM »

Hi

Sorry for delay in replying...

I've had a look around and can't see anything at this end that is or would stop you uploading. You can obviously see the MDWS server and are using it this morning. I put a monitor on the upload system and cannot see any sign of anything being uploaded by you reaching the server or being rejected etc. This is not IP related as yours hasn't changed for ages and you would not see the server if it was blocked.

There were no server events at this end around the point you stopped uploading (18:53 was the last upload on the 29th).

At the moment I have few ideas but it does look like it's something at your end but have little idea what. Don't know what would happen if your RPi clock was way out (like months or years) maybe? I assume there are no relevant events in the DSLStats Events Log like multiple 'Cannot connect to modem' or continual Timeouts etc?
Tony
My Books!

sincx

• Just arrived
« Reply #1883 on: January 01, 2018, 11:48:00 AM »

Dear tbailey2,

Thanks for the reply. I left the piZero off last night and this morning I reverted to using DSLStats v5.9 instead of v6.1.  It is now uploading OK.

The PiZero is running Raspian 8 Jessie. I had updated to DSLStats v6.1 on the 29th December !

There appears to an issue with DSLStats v6.1 not uploading to the server in this configuration.

Many thanks for your help

sincx
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:50:11 AM by sincx »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1884 on: January 01, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »

Okay although it would have saved effort if you had mentioned the upgrade coincided with the failure....

The minimum recommended version of DSLstats for use with MDWS is 6.0.6 as prior to that there were various bugs affecting RPis, unwanted multiple uploads, plus Vectoring was not supported. This isn't enforced at the moment but may well be in the future. I guess there are differences in the software on the PiZero (I only know it's smaller so presumably you are short of space)  compared to the version DSLstats was compiled with or for but that's not my department. Maybe reverting to a 'normal' earlier compatible version of the RPi would be better for use with MDWS if there is a problem otherwise?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:46:38 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

sincx

• Just arrived
« Reply #1885 on: January 01, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »

Dear tbailey2,

Apologies for not stating that i had updated to DSLStats v6.1. I did not realise that the update and failure to upload were related as I had been directly monitoring the DSLStats on the Pi via VNC.

I'll look into it further to whether the PiZero is compatible with the v6 series software.

Thanks again for your help it is much appreciated.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1886 on: January 01, 2018, 12:43:27 PM »

There are currently 57 people using the RPi V6.1 version of DSLstats and successfully uploading to MDWS. I don't know how many of these use the Pi Zero, so the limitations of the Pi Zero could possibly be the explanation. V6.1 does use a little more memory because of its support for VDSL2 profile 35b, but I doubt if that's the explanation. It would have been useful to see if there were any relevant entries in the event log.

It might be worth trying version 6.0.6 as Tony suggests. You can download it here: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32RPi-6.0.6.zip

Eric

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1887 on: January 01, 2018, 12:50:43 PM »

Hi both,

For information, I updated both of the RPi Zero W's I look after (son & daughter) to DSLStats V.6.1 as soon as it became available without any issues, also running Raspbian Jessie with all latest updates on 16Gb. memory cards.

Same applies to my own installation running on an old Mk.1B RPi.

Edit:
MDWS RPI Zero W ID's, smpay-37 & cruth211
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 01:07:31 PM by tiffy »
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

sincx

• Just arrived
« Reply #1888 on: January 01, 2018, 05:32:26 PM »

I've tried v6.06 and that also fails to upload. and so I've temporiarly gone back to v5.9  I think that a re-install of Raspbian and the  DSLStats V.6.1 is required on my PiZero.

Many thanks for all the advice

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1889 on: January 01, 2018, 05:59:20 PM »

Don't know how long your RPi has been in service running DSLStats 24/7 but another point to bear in mind is that memory cards do have a limited life expectancy and DSLStats program is much more demanding by comparison to the other functions such as photo image or music files storage normally associated with them.

As you can still run earlier DSLStats program revisions successfully, partial program corruption is probably not the case, card failure is usually more dramatic and prevents booting, however just something to be aware of.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 129