Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567243 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1785 on: September 23, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »

graph data in the panes seems a little slower to load/delayed, been like that for a month iirc  the site loads ok as do the pane templates what contain the data selected
Took a while to find this but now back to where it was  ;) It was actually about 2.7s slower than normal.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #1786 on: September 23, 2017, 11:47:18 PM »

Seemed longer than that, but is a lot quicker now

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1787 on: October 05, 2017, 06:22:57 PM »

Hi Tony

I use the mobile app most days but today it seems to be taking much longer to load/refresh. In the past it was lighting quick. Just wondering if something was not working properly.

Many thanks for a great application all the same.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1788 on: October 05, 2017, 10:02:11 PM »

Can't see anything 'wrong' from this end but it has no internal stats so can't say if it's changed load times. Seems zippy enough on my Galaxy S7 via 4G.

It does look like it needs a bit of a rewrite though as it's over two years since it was coded and many things have changed elsewhere in the system since to speed things up. For a start it's listing all users active in the last three months or so when it should only be be 10 days. And in the process using data that is slower to read and so on...

I'll see what I can do but no promises.
Tony
My Books!

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1789 on: October 05, 2017, 11:06:21 PM »

Hi Tony

It's very odd. It was taking a long time most the day but its cleared this evening, as in back to the same as yesterday and many days before that.

I was on a couple of different networks today so I know it wasnt my home connection ...

Seems ok  again now.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1790 on: October 11, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »

Hi Tony,

I am trying to register my son as a new user but keep getting "user name already registered", have tried three what I would consider fairly unique combinations of user names but getting the same result, can't see any of these already listed on the "all users" listing although I appreciate that only active users are listed, can't activate the "all users" option.

My first choice for user name is "smpay-37" (obviously without speech marks) is this actually already registered ?
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #1791 on: October 11, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »

Are you using the same email address? I believe it needs to be a different email address not already in use on MDWS.
If that isn't the reason then have you tried from a different browser or with the browser in incognito mode?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1792 on: October 11, 2017, 05:28:18 PM »

I think the message you are seeing is 'You already have an existing registration on MDWS!' as the one you quote does not exists as a response. The existing user is you,

You cannot normally register another user name on a terminal with an existing registration. Using another terminal will be okay as long as it's never been used with MDWS.
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1793 on: October 11, 2017, 05:58:43 PM »

I think the message you are seeing is 'You already have an existing registration on MDWS!' as the one you quote does not exists as a response. The existing user is you,

You cannot normally register another user name on a terminal with an existing registration. Using another terminal will be okay as long as it's never been used with MDWS.

Tony, you are absolutely correct, apologies for the mis-quote from memory which is getting shorter by the day !
Yes, I did indeed complete my own registration on this PC and my daughters registration on her PC, was just trying to speed up the process before I fire up the new router & RPi on my son's line, will now complete the registration at the home location.

I take it I will be able to complete the donation process for the new user name from my own terminal after it is registered, as usual, payment process to be completed by parents ?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1794 on: October 11, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »

I take it I will be able to complete the donation process for the new user name from my own terminal after it is registered, as usual, payment process to be completed by parents ?
Yes, as long as you add in the username in the correct way...
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1795 on: October 11, 2017, 07:58:59 PM »

Many thanks Tony, all sorted, submitted registration on my laptop which I had not used for previous reg's..
Donation also sorted on PayPal, no isues there.
The new ID won't be up and running just yet until I get time to install the new router and RPi, hopefully within the next few days.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1796 on: October 13, 2017, 09:52:37 AM »

POWER

Just a warning that the power has been off here for 5 mins - there is probably another 25 left in UPS so... My attainable has gone from 34 to 58Mb !!

Back up at 09:57 and back to normal.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:28:23 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1797 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »

Many thanks Tony, all sorted, submitted registration on my laptop which I had not used for previous reg's..
Donation also sorted on PayPal, no isues there.
The new ID won't be up and running just yet until I get time to install the new router and RPi, hopefully within the next few days.

You seem to have problem on the RPi you are using on the new line (ID: smpay-37) although it is uploading okay BUT  - the clock is about 1 day and 21 hours SLOW which is causing some 'interesting' effects such as 0% uploads in past 24 hours and inability to identify the cab type (it thinks you are NOT in the UK). I suggest you correct that a.s.a.p. to get things back to normal.
Tony
My Books!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1798 on: October 13, 2017, 01:20:03 PM »

You seem to have problem on the RPi you are using on the new line (ID: smpay-37) although it is uploading okay BUT  - the clock is about 1 day and 21 hours SLOW which is causing some 'interesting' effects such as 0% uploads in past 24 hours and inability to identify the cab type (it thinks you are NOT in the UK). I suggest you correct that a.s.a.p. to get things back to normal.

Just got the replacement router and RPi fired up on my son's BT line last night, yes, I had noticed, the Rpi appears not to be updating it's time & date on line as it should, obviously it has internet access as it's uploading stat's ?
The setup is exactly the same as my daughters installation using a RPi Zero W (ID cruth211) I just copied the memory card from this and changed the authorisation code, e-mail address etc. to suit.

Will address this as soon as possible, ie. when the wife brings the car back, thank's for the notification.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #1799 on: October 13, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »

OK Tony, sorted now I believe.
This is the third RPi I have set up on DSLStats to MDWS and the first time I have had this issue.
The Raspbian utility which manages the date & time, "ntp" was all correctly configured and running, however, as the time & date were so far out this was out of range for dynamic correction, 100 mins. max. deviation I believe, had to stop the routine, manually correct then re-start all from command line, appears to be tracking normally now.

Every day's a school day !
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 129