Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567548 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1455 on: August 28, 2016, 09:21:14 PM »

Tony I like how I can zoom in on the bitloading.

I zoomed in on the adsl1 tone range where my line has power cutback on the entire range and the bitloading looks very similar to how it used to be on adsl meaning the level of cutback is reasonably accurate to match up how weak the signal is from the exchange.  Albeit with a couple of differences.

1 - on adsl the upper third of the adsl1 tones got destroyed at night as interference overwhelmed them.  This doesnt happen on the vdsl line even with the power cutback so as such those tones during darkness are better.
2 - The middle third of tones had higher bitloading on adsl suggesting they could probably reduce the cutback on the first 66% of adsl tones.

My latest calculation of sync speed without power cutback suggests I would be at about 85-88mbit up from the 71-72 I have now.  The power cutback has been eased off a bit since my line was initially activated when back then it was actually reducing some tones to 0 bitloading now they only go down to 5 bitloading.  This I think is why my line now is syncing in the low 70s vs the higher 60s it used to do on my old pair which had the more aggressive power cutback.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #1456 on: September 13, 2016, 07:14:16 AM »

Just out of interest, do we not get notified when G.INP is enabled anymore?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1457 on: September 13, 2016, 09:25:50 PM »

Yes, you are still notified, no changes since it was first set up...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #1458 on: September 14, 2016, 10:57:29 PM »

I'm sorry about the duplicate uploads, Windows Update is trying to hurt me  :rant:

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1459 on: September 21, 2016, 08:04:36 AM »

MDWS OUTAGE 07:45-08:00
Apologies for the outage but had a wiring problem over the past few weeks and took a while to (hopefully) carry out the fixes...
Tony
My Books!

AngryMonkey

« Reply #1460 on: September 23, 2016, 01:40:01 PM »

Hi,
Great site. However need a little help.

My user has dis-appeared from the site. HG612 logging stopped for a few days (since the 18th) and now my username doesn't appear in the list any more. I can still login. I donated, which I thought let me keep data on the site longer.

My username is AngryMonky - any idea why I've been erased?

Thanks,
AM.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1461 on: September 23, 2016, 02:00:14 PM »

Hi,
Great site. However need a little help.

My user has dis-appeared from the site. HG612 logging stopped for a few days (since the 18th) and now my username doesn't appear in the list any more. I can still login. I donated, which I thought let me keep data on the site longer.

My username is AngryMonky - any idea why I've been erased?

Thanks,
AM.
You haven't been 'erased' - Users are removed from the dropdown list after no upload for 48 hours (have a look in the original mails). Once you start uploading again you'll reappear but may need to refresh a dropdown list to see it. Using the Range date option allows you to see all users who have uploaded in the last 3 months but that option runs much slower than the Current option.
Tony
My Books!

andyfitter

• Reg Member
« Reply #1462 on: September 28, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »

Suggestion for MyDSLWebStats

Would it make sense for some of the graphs to have an option for a logarithmic rather than linear Y axis? I was thinking of FEC for example.

With FEC, the problem is that a one off big spike as can occur during a storm can mask any background level of errors in the graph, which then aren't visible until you drill down to a section of the graph without the spike. With a Log based Y axis both the background level and the spike would all be visible.

Thoughts?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1463 on: September 28, 2016, 02:21:51 PM »

Good idea, I could do with it myself... For the moment I've just enabled it on FEC only (the setting was already there but disabled) to see reactions.... I'll have to enable zero plots separately later (Now done). I'll make the setting switchable later via Options
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:31:07 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

andyfitter

• Reg Member
« Reply #1464 on: September 28, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »

Great! I think it makes the FEC plot far more useful.

Thanks for that!

Andy.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1465 on: September 28, 2016, 08:28:20 PM »

The FEC graph now looks like a wild Bitswap snake it makes no sense to my eyes and you could have zoomed into FECS if there was a large spike which drowned out the rest zooming is part of my normal day with MDWS   ;D

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #1466 on: September 28, 2016, 09:07:29 PM »

I've just enabled it on FEC

I like it; switchable would be great though.

Thanks Tony

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1467 on: September 29, 2016, 08:07:12 AM »

CHANGES

1) The FEC Logarithmic display discussed above is now configurable via Options and can be set On or Off via a checkbox.

2) User Country Flags are now available. I did this for myself last year but never implemented it for everyone. It is fully configurable via Options.

By default a small UK flag appears on the left of the Control Panel for the wider graphs - rather than try to determine the correct country since in the great majority of cases it will be the UK, that is the default. Where the correct country is known then it's been changed already and that ranges from various European countries to the USA, Australia, New Zealand and the Cayman Islands (I suspect the latter might be an ISP on a VPN to mask that fact).

So it's up to the User to select the appropriate country if it's not the UK. It could be done automatically but haven't had the time and there are so few instances, it's likely not worth the trouble.

If you don't want your flag shown, it can be turned off but it's pretty easy to determine anyway from the ISP in most cases which may be a way of automating it later. The UK has individual flags available for its four constituents.

The options are:

1) Hide all flags on your terminal so you don't see any at all
2) Hide your own flag so no one sees it including you
3) Select your Country, defaulting to United Kingdom

A flag only displays if the user is uploading. Initially, you may need to use F5 to refresh the page and see (or not see of that's your option) the flags.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 08:09:36 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #1468 on: September 29, 2016, 08:26:23 AM »

The logarithmic on/off works nicely now, Tony, thanks.

One small thing I've noticed in the options: in the modem section it says "Note that the Thomson/Technicolor modem/routers (which are not Broadcom-chip based) return very little stats data...". These modems are Broadcom based, but the firmware hides the Broadcom CLI and only provides a limited CLI.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1469 on: September 29, 2016, 08:41:21 AM »

Thanks. Okay I have removed the Broadcom part.
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 129