Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567311 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1200 on: February 29, 2016, 07:16:31 PM »

Hi Tony I don't seem to be getting 100% uptime due to 4 of 5 gaps per day thought it was upload software versions but still the same , taken RPi offline for maintenance plenty of on-board ram only 30% used and done some stuff to memory card and also gave the router a new PPPoE connection.

I am starting to think this issue is on my side how does it look from your end ?

I can't add anything to this above what I've said in the past. A few lost minutes are not abnormal and that happens to quite a few people but certainly not everyone. The 100% uptime allows for 5 lost minutes. There are some people who it happens to all the time (but you are okay some days). I don't see any errors that say an upload failed (there are loads of error traps) and when I've put a monitor on a user, that always says that they do not arrive at the server in the first place.

The only thing I can point out is that if the server has a problem (other than an Apache restart which usually just results in queuing for a few secs, or actual full restarts etc) I don't see errors on my upload directly to the server on the server itself (i.e. not via the internet or router/switch). But I have an ADSL2+ line as well from another provider uploading in the same way as everyone else and that hardly ever shows any lost minutes. Both use DSLstats, currently 5.7.1. Both on Windows 24/7 machines, Win 7 and Win 8.1 FWIW. Not so good though if I hibernate the Win 7 machine then DSLstats gets very erratic after wake up. Stopping and restarting stats cures it a bit Eric is aware of this as noted on another current thread.

It might be interesting to find people with missing minutes and see what stats prog they are using if you have an idle few minutes (use 12 hour as it's more obvious and that has all the minutes plotted). I can't remember if it happens with both HG612 Stats and DSLstats.

I'm pretty confident that it is is occurring due to something en-route though. I watched carefully the other evening when the server had a record number of uploaders and users and couldn't see anything of note. The server is never heavily loaded either currently.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:39:56 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1201 on: February 29, 2016, 07:30:45 PM »

Thanks very much looks to be working - any chance of transferring my donation status to my new ID (skyECI) please as I won't be going back to old  profile.   ;) 
Done  ;)
Tony
My Books!

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #1202 on: February 29, 2016, 07:32:24 PM »

Hi Tony,

Haven't got time to trace it all through so I've masked the problem by setting the value of the offending tone (15) to that of the previous one for now and all looks well.... That shouldn't have an practical effect on the data hopefully.

I may have missed something so could you please confirm what the issue is/was regarding the offending tone (15) of skynewb's Hlog data?

It does seem odd that correct/valid data was being consistently uploaded previously & now it consistently isn't.

If it's anything to do with the HG612 Modem Stats program, I'd rather fix it than simply mask a potential error.

Just to add it just seemed to stop working when I  rebooted the modem (8800nl) yesterday, well took if off line for couple of hours - I made no other changes to the software or my setup..

Thanks Tony for sorting my status..

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1203 on: February 29, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »

I'm pretty confident that it is occurring due to something en-route though. I watched carefully the other evening when the server had a record number of uploaders and users and couldn't see anything of note. The server is never heavily loaded either currently.

That is also my conclusion after ruling out software and hardware the next step will be to change DNS server from google back to the ISP's default

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #1204 on: March 04, 2016, 10:47:12 AM »

Tony

Just spotted something odd, On the 24 hour graphs...Click on the SNR margin.....The legend reads "dB up - MyDSLWebStats.Co.Uk"

and when you hover over the line, the legend again has the extra (unwanted) text.

Ian

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1205 on: March 04, 2016, 11:07:42 AM »

Ok thanks. Fixed and was only happening on the original narrow graphs  :)

Tony
My Books!

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #1206 on: March 05, 2016, 11:05:43 AM »

Tony

Can you add TP-Link W9970 to the list of modem/routers please.

Thanks in advance

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1207 on: March 06, 2016, 07:25:03 AM »

Can you add TP-Link W9970 to the list of modem/routers please.
This was added about two minutes after you asked but had to go out for rest of the day....
Tony
My Books!

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #1208 on: March 07, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »

Would be great if you could add a slightly different colour to make eci ginp users noticeable and a link to the full page all users stats on the graph page would also be great :) thanks

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #1209 on: March 07, 2016, 11:17:09 PM »

How about making the User Name on the All User Stats page link to that user's other stats page
i.e. link HG612-MultUsersLivei.htm to Container.htm

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1210 on: March 08, 2016, 08:20:53 AM »

Would be great if you could add a slightly different colour to make eci ginp users noticeable and a link to the full page all users stats on the graph page would also be great :) thanks

ECI now has a light yellow background. The graph-sized User Stats window (which already has a link to the full page version) is being withdrawn soon and the entry will open the separate tab/window by default.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:37:11 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1211 on: March 08, 2016, 08:23:36 AM »

How about making the User Name on the All User Stats page link to that user's other stats page
i.e. link HG612-MultUsersLivei.htm to Container.htm
That isn't currently feasible but I'll add it to the list of possible features yet to come.
Tony
My Books!

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #1212 on: March 08, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »

Hi Tony

One week ago G.INP and vectoring was enabled on my line. Therefore I realized there is no information about the vectoring state available on MDWS.
Wouldn't it be interesting to see which lines already got vectoring enabled?
I don't know the situation in UK. Are there already a lot of vectoring enabled lines available or will it be deployed in the future?

DSLstats and HGWin would need a little update to provide this information.

What do you think about it?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #1213 on: March 08, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »

Where is the vectoring data presented?

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #1214 on: March 08, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »

You can use the following command:

xdslctl info --vectoring

xdslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason:    1
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:    Upstream rate = 37534 Kbps, Downstream rate = 93184 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 11007 Kbps, Downstream rate = 55039 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Vectoring state: 1
VCE MAC Address: 0:10:fc:20:0:0
Total error samples Ethernet pkts sent: 131290
Total error samples Ethernet pkts discarded: 0
Total error samples statuses sent: 65645
Total error samples statuses discarded: 0

I don't know all state codes but on my line I saw this:

Vectoring state: 1 vectoring enabled
Vectoring state: 5 without vectoring (Without vectoring "VCE MAC" and "Total error samples" are all zero.)

Maybe codes 2,3 or 4 indicate vectoring friendly mode.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:40:10 PM by morphium »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 129