Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567370 times)

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1080 on: December 08, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »

It just means that the sync speed exceeds the max attainable. The max attainable is a calculated figure based largely on the SNR and indicates that if you were to resync now, your sync speed would fall to around the max attainable.

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #1081 on: December 08, 2015, 10:39:29 AM »

Hey, thanks Dray. So it's nothing to be too concerned about.
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1082 on: December 08, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »

I should probably know the answer to this, but I'm not sure. On my stats (user=toulouse), the upstream sync rate is showing as 5999 highlighted in yellow. The max attainable is 5895. Could someone please explain the significance, if any, of this situation.
toulouse

If you hover over the upper part of that section it explains what it means....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:53:43 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1083 on: December 08, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »

DOWNTIME

Briefly at 15:00 while I down the server and change UPS battery that has expired with the replacement just arrived...

Back up but seem to have a problem with a Cisco switch that doesn't start up again properly when power has been off (it starts up but little or no data flow on some ports). Has happened before but forgot....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:48:20 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #1084 on: December 08, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »

How do you have the switch ports configured?   Default spanning tree can be slow to go to forwarding state,  use "portfast" if you can be sure of no loops.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #1085 on: December 09, 2015, 03:03:35 AM »

Seeing slow loading of the graphs again although it seems to be randomly loading slowly and sometimes the whole thing is slow to resolve , also sometimes one of the panes fails to load giving the connection was reset message from firefox

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1086 on: December 09, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »

How do you have the switch ports configured?   Default spanning tree can be slow to go to forwarding state,  use "portfast" if you can be sure of no loops.
Thanks. From memory it's as it came (about two years old) straight out of the box since visually it was doing what was required for the ports. The server is on port 8 and I could see zero LED activity yesterday until powered on/off whereas other ports were actively passing data. I'll dig out the instructions when I get some time.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1087 on: December 09, 2015, 08:14:14 AM »

Seeing slow loading of the graphs again although it seems to be randomly loading slowly and sometimes the whole thing is slow to resolve , also sometimes one of the panes fails to load giving the connection was reset message from firefox
I can't see anything untoward in the logs from that time period - data to you was delivered in 280ms at worst and from then on it's mostly up to your end and the routing involved.

Likely cause is possibly Google, there were long periods yesterday morning where the browsers here were waiting ages for the various Google servers involved in delivering the graph data to respond. Google's Terms of Service do not allow the needed code libraries to be downloaded and saved locally unfortunately. Personally I find Chrome works a lot better with MDWS than Firefox....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:17:00 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1088 on: December 09, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

Have noticed on the SRNM graph there are small gaps of 10mins without any upload it seem to have started yesterday at 15:00, what I have done is to reboot RPi and router to see if it fixes this issue but no.

Is there anything else I should try like change the DNS server the router is set to use Google DNS

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1089 on: December 09, 2015, 07:57:33 PM »

That looks to be more generic than just you but not everyone is affected at the same time. It roughly coincides with the last server restart. I've restarted the server database and web server at 19:53. If that doesn't help I'll do a total machine restart later.
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1090 on: December 09, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »

I am having a look at SNRM at 20:29 on both MDWS and on the RPi there is still some missing bits on both, now even this is showing up on the DSLstats V5.6 graph on the RPi that would suggest it's the uploading program  :-\

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #1091 on: December 09, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »

Have noticed on the SRNM graph there are small gaps of 10mins without any upload it seem to have started yesterday at 15:00, what I have done is to reboot RPi and router to see if it fixes this issue but no.

Is there anything else I should try like change the DNS server the router is set to use Google DNS

I'm seeing this too for around the same time frame?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1092 on: December 09, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »

I'm seeing this too for around the same time frame?
Don't forget that the server was intentionally down yesterday from 15:00 on and off for 40 mins while the UPS was sorted and some other changes made. The current problem is different but does seem to be primarily affecting DSLstats users as Newt observed. My own uploads are also made using DSLstats and that is running on the server and thus directly into the database. That is fine and makes me think this is not a server problem. I'll eliminate cables and switch in an hour or so.

NB I use OpenDNS here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:20:41 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #1093 on: December 10, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »

If i select  the option that displays both up and down stream snr's  i see a lot of small gaps in the snr traces, this displays on less than 24hrs  or up to the 2 days mark,

But if i select to view up or downstream only snr's there are no gaps displayed So it would appear to be a cosmetic issue and not a data upload issue IMO
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:21:06 PM by tommy45 »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1094 on: December 10, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »

If i select  the option that displays both up and down stream snr's  i see a lot of small gaps in the snr traces, this displays on less than 24hrs  or up to the 2 days mark,
But if i select to view up or downstream only snr's there are no gaps displayed So it would appear to be a cosmetic issue and not a data upload issue IMO

Afraid not.... The SNRM display up to 2 days is the only graph that displays missing uploads using a load of inserted nulls to override the default chart behaviour... And that is to just join up any missing points with a straight line as DSLstats normally does. If you look at the downstream SNR carefully at the same point where there is a gap on SNRM you'll see the cursor jump over the missing data..

Most of the day has been spent trying to trace this with not a lot of luck as there is no consistency to it or anything much in common between those affected. The server was eventually restarted at 16:33, the switch appears to be configured and working as it should. But I can't spend a lot more time on it though at the moment due to other commitments and generally it's still working as intended.

NB Dray and ray-dorset look like you need to restart DSLstats  as you have both been uploading empty files since 03:00 or so. (two of the four tone related files uploaded hourly)

Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 129

anything