Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567288 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #1005 on: November 22, 2015, 01:45:51 PM »

Yeah that was my mobile. Just checked  the server and that has internet connection and  software running. OK Tony will do
Just confirmation this is now fixed...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1006 on: November 22, 2015, 02:56:32 PM »

I did a cleanup using CCleaner yesterday and ever since doing this i have lost the stats pane in graph size standard it shows up ok if i select original and have looked for a setting to turn it back on again but cannot seem to find it.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1007 on: November 22, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »

I did a cleanup using CCleaner yesterday and ever since doing this i have lost the stats pane in graph size standard it shows up ok if i select original and have looked for a setting to turn it back on again but cannot seem to find it.
I think you'll find using CCleaner and other Windows 'Registry Cleaners'/PC Optimisers etc is a total waste of time and energy and doesn't achieve anything other than cause problems like you have now. I have an adversity to letting a free 3rd-party program loose on my PC to delete whatever it feels shouldn't be there even if you can select from loads of options... What is considered unnecessary to CCleaner may be vital to something else (as you may have discovered)...

What exactly do you mean by 'stats pane'? The whole pane or maybe the Status part of the pane only? Screen grab would be helpful.

Edit:
I've removed a bit of code that looks for a cookie that might have been deleted by CCleaner and isn't recreated very often. See if it works now.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:48:30 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #1008 on: November 22, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »

Probably not a very worthwhile thing to do as there is no monitoring of IPs changing as such - and even if there was, there's no guarantee that the user hasn't immediately uploaded a new graph location so it gets complicated to handle (I'm on a dynamic IP on one of my lines and do the change automatically after a resync).

If you were inclined to implement such a feature that would be easy to deal with: store the TBB URL and the IP address has changed but the TBB URL hasn't it should be removed.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1009 on: November 22, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »

Probably not a very worthwhile thing to do as there is no monitoring of IPs changing as such - and even if there was, there's no guarantee that the user hasn't immediately uploaded a new graph location so it gets complicated to handle (I'm on a dynamic IP on one of my lines and do the change automatically after a resync).

If you were inclined to implement such a feature that would be easy to deal with: store the TBB URL and the IP address has changed but the TBB URL hasn't it should be removed.
Yes I realise that but the needed info isn't there currently as I said. I'll add it to the list.

Edit:
I've added some extra config to do this now and coded it in. Just need to test if for a few days to make sure mailing the user to remind them to change it works as intended (but only if they haven't changed it by the time the check is made every so often)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:13:55 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1010 on: November 22, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »

Edit:
I've removed a bit of code that looks for a cookie that might have been deleted by CCleaner and isn't recreated very often. See if it works now.

Cheers Tony that has it working again  :)

EDIT:

I don't remember seeing two DLM Error Stats Indicators when using the standard  :-\
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:42:22 PM by NewtronStar »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1011 on: November 22, 2015, 05:48:48 PM »

Has the other one gone now?
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #1012 on: November 22, 2015, 05:51:39 PM »

Has the other one gone now?

Yes it has and many thanks.

condi

« Reply #1013 on: November 22, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »

Hi Tony

I have been uploading to MDWS using DSLStats on Windows and I will take a look at the web-interface every now and again to see if anything's happening. However, as I'm on a perfectly healthy VDSL2 connection on a very short-line, little is "happening" as I put it... it has become quite boring in-fact! Anyway, my unexciting stats aren't the issue

I've noticed for a week or two now that I cannot access the MDWS website in my browser, the page just times out. I ignored it at first as I know you were making some changes but then I realised that DSLStats couldn't validate or upload either. I first blamed my messy PC and tried an alternate browser, checked my AV, checked host-files, etc... but quickly realised that none of my devices on my connection could access MDWS. I figured DNS problems so I changed the DNS on my connection back to my ISP's defaults but this didn't work either - the page still times out in any browser, on any device on my connection

As I'm uploading from Ireland, is there a geo-block or is my ISP (Vodafone Ireland) blacklisted perhaps? I can browse the MDWS site without issue on other ISP's so I assume maybe it's an ISP issue?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work! I hope to make a donation in the coming days

condi (< same as my MDWS username)

EDIT: as it happens, I'm currently accessing the site without issue... but I'm toying with Google's Data Saver plugin for Chrome which is proxying the site around my connection. Without the plugin, the issue is as described above
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:49:53 PM by condi »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1014 on: November 23, 2015, 08:14:19 AM »

Tony this morning I was sent an email by MDWS saying I was uploading again, this happened at 00:06 today but the thing is I had not had an upload failure message or a retrain, my PC sending the uploads was rebooted about 24 hours ago and I do not see any gaps in my graphs. Not concerned but thought I'd mention it.

Stuart
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:25:43 AM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1015 on: November 23, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »

As I'm uploading from Ireland, is there a geo-block or is my ISP (Vodafone Ireland) blacklisted perhaps? I can browse the MDWS site without issue on other ISP's so I assume maybe it's an ISP issue?

Can you PM me your current IP Address please (the one that's giving the problem, not proxied though)

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Thanks

Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #1016 on: November 23, 2015, 09:31:24 AM »

Tony this morning I was sent an email by MDWS saying I was uploading again, this happened at 00:06 today but the thing is I had not had an upload failure message or a retrain, my PC sending the uploads was rebooted about 24 hours ago and I do not see any gaps in my graphs. Not concerned but thought I'd mention it.

Stuart

Well the message was quite correct - you had resumed uploading after a 17mins downtime from 23:48 - 00:05....

Just had a look and you have your Notify After set to 15 mins. Due to check timings not quite coinciding etc. I'd say it was probably about to send you a downtime message but the resume one got there first  ::)
Tony
My Books!

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #1017 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »

Does the resume email say when it went down?
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #1018 on: November 23, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »

No the message just says uploading again and no upload failure message was received before or after. Looking at the timing that is a very busy time on the PC which runs DSLStats. DSLStats does not show any break in what it was doing in the event log. This PC runs my weather station and although it is an Intel I5 it probably does get busy around this time because the weather program is busy doing end of day stuff, the forecasting program is busy doing the last forecast of the day. To be honest I doubt that this PC would get busy enough to cause a break in transmission of this length. As I say there is zero indication that anything failed on the PC itself.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

condi

« Reply #1019 on: November 23, 2015, 10:12:15 AM »

Can you PM me your current IP Address please (the one that's giving the problem, not proxied though)

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I've sent off my current dynamic IP as requested but surely enough, just as I sent it... all's working again!!

DSLStats is uploading (it told me I had an invalid key) and the MDWS website is opening again

Many thanks :)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 129

anything