Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567637 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #735 on: September 20, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »

It is Chrome on XP! . All settings look fine and everything else is remembered OK.  No expiry is set.   The status setting is lost when ever new page or tab is opened.   I also have just noticed that if I open MDWS in one tab and enable it, then when second tab opens MDWS  then both tabs don't have the setting set. Opening the second tab resets the first tab status to off.

I have to say if it's XP then not a lot I can do IF that is the problem......

You can't/shouldn't have two tabs open with MDWS and never have been able to successfully as they share the same settings since there is no sure-fire way of identifying tabs in use. Even worse with this version as you'll get mismatched container and graph sizes after a while if one is different to the other....
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #736 on: September 20, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »

This is great and very fast though show status tick is not saving the setting  :-\

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #737 on: September 20, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

This is great and very fast though show status tick is not saving the setting  :-\

See post below. It does via a persistent cookie but maybe you have two tabs open and then the second one will negate the first and you shouldn't have two tabs open anyway, it isn't supported and never has been.
Tony
My Books!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #738 on: September 20, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »

Click on the traffic lights.

That does nothing, on my screen (Firefox in Linux) does not show the traffic lights as a link. However I see the new screen on my W7 PC and it does work. I have cleared the cache in Linux but still shows the old layout.

Stuart

I'm afraid I can't explain that, Stuart. I'm using Firefox/Linux and the function works properly.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #739 on: September 20, 2015, 12:30:39 PM »

I have cleared the cache in Linux but still shows the old layout.
Stuart

So is the dropdown with the Graph Sizes also not working? The link only appears on the new wider graphs... Have you selected another graph size under Linux? Or tried a different browser?
Tony
My Books!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2015, 12:47:33 PM »

Stuart

So is the dropdown with the Graph Sizes also not working? The link only appears on the new wider graphs... Have you selected another graph size under Linux? Or tried a different browser?

Tony it worked without any alterations or new options on W7 in Firefox, but no I've not tried that in Linux but i would not have expected to change anything since W7 worked with no changes. I'll try that later on Linux as I'm using W7 right now as that PC is on 24x7 (runs my weather station and DSLStats).

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #741 on: September 20, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »

Stuart

Tony it worked without any alterations or new options on W7 in Firefox, but no I've not tried that in Linux but i would not have expected to change anything since W7 worked with no changes. I'll try that later on Linux as I'm using W7 right now as that PC is on 24x7 (runs my weather station and DSLStats).

Stuart

Okay but what does the Graph Size option currently read on both OS?
Tony
My Books!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »

All seems ok here.   Prefer the new style layout - thank you :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »

See post below. It does via a persistent cookie but maybe you have two tabs open and then the second one will negate the first and you shouldn't have two tabs open anyway, it isn't supported and never has been.

Just using the one tab i use 2 panes, how do you set a persistent cookie on Chrome ?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:31:54 PM by NewtronStar »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2015, 04:32:48 PM »

Just using the one tab i use 2 panes, how do you set a persistent cookie on Chrome ?

Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > and make sure for Cookies that the first radio button is set, not the others. The last checkbox is up to you but I always check that ....

However, I think the problem probably lies somewhere else ... I just ran it on Chrome here  (I normally use Waterfox as it's more stable for me) and closing/restarting it doesn't lose the Show Status setting...
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »

Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > and make sure for Cookies that the first radio button is set, not the others. The last checkbox is up to you but I always check that ....

However, I think the problem probably lies somewhere else ... I just ran it on Chrome here  (I normally use Waterfox as it's more stable for me) and closing/restarting it doesn't lose the Show Status setting...

Thanks Tony have been at this all day to find a cure/fix well i did watch F1 it could well be a Vista thingy i'll check out windows 8.1 later and see how that fairs.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2015, 04:48:58 PM »

Thanks Tony have been at this all day to find a cure/fix well i did watch F1 it could well be a Vista thingy i'll check out windows 8.1 later and see how that fairs.

Likewise, there's a rather large peak in my latency graph as a result via Sky Go. Shame about Lewis  :-\
Tony
My Books!

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »

It is Chrome on XP! . All settings look fine and everything else is remembered OK.

I get the same on Chrome/XP - when going into the website I need to select the 'show status' button each time.

If I close the browser, reopen it, go to http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/ and press continue, the status button is showing as not selected

My settings are set as per the default - i.e. for Chrome to remember any cookies..

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »

Stuart

Stuart

Okay but what does the Graph Size option currently read on both OS?

On W7 it said standard and on linux it said original and I dont remember changing either or playing with either at any time. Now I've changed Linux to standard it works and if I change it back to original it disappears again.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »

Likewise, there's a rather large peak in my latency graph as a result via Sky Go. Shame about Lewis  :-\

You noticed that to on sky go i had to reboot the router to stop the buffering, Lewis will win the championship  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 129

anything