Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567274 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #570 on: June 22, 2015, 09:21:59 AM »

Having been messing with Firefox for a while now I am logged out of this, however in order to login I need to remember my memorable phrase. Well as you can imagine it is not memorable enough and therefore I cannot login. Why do we need this extra level? Why is a password not good enough together with the question to try to eliminate auto logins?

So how do I recover my memorable phrase?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #571 on: June 22, 2015, 09:27:36 AM »

Having been messing with Firefox for a while now I am logged out of this, however in order to login I need to remember my memorable phrase. Well as you can imagine it is not memorable enough and therefore I cannot login. Why do we need this extra level? Why is a password not good enough together with the question to try to eliminate auto logins?

So how do I recover my memorable phrase?

Stuart

Resetting your password via the Log On page will also give the phrase to you...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #572 on: June 22, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »

Fortunately the memorable phrase is in the sign up email so I have not had to change my password!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #573 on: June 22, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »

NEW! AUTOMATIC DLM CALCULATOR

Many of you will have seen or noticed discussions about the Kitz DLM Calculator where you put in your ES and Retrain counts and it tells you how good or lousy your line is from the DLM's perspective. The data is used by the BT DLM system to categorise your line...

This is now available via MyDSLWebStats and has a dedicated thread for questions as well as a description of how it works

Edit:
Since first posted, there is now another set of Traffic Lights! These are in the center of the group and are for MTBE UPSTREAM error seconds. The original at left now reads DOWNSTREAM. Criteria are the same for both directions.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:53:14 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #574 on: July 04, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »

Trouble with the recording of error seconds on my adsl connection again.

Ian

Update: 18:30  now fixed  ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:31:03 PM by kitzuser87430 »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #575 on: July 04, 2015, 08:07:26 PM »

Trouble with the recording of error seconds on my adsl connection again.
Update: 18:30  now fixed  ;D

There was a database table error around that time that had to be repaired so that was likely the problem.
Tony
My Books!

iMx

« Reply #576 on: July 06, 2015, 09:23:23 AM »

Good Morning,

I'm using a poor mans bonded FTTC setup (L2 VPNs over each FTTC line, bonded, to a box in the DC) - sadly it looks like the IPs from the dedicated hosting provider are blocked on your site.

The IP(s) I use are dedicated, is it possible to get an allow set up?  Happy to make a £30 donation for your time/service, but right now I can only access the site if I enable another VPN or drop the FTTC bond.

Thanks,

Ed

UPDATE: Oh, trying again this morning it seems your ACLs may have been refreshed since I tried last week - I seem to be able to access the site now?  Donation on its way as promised.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:50:39 AM by iMx »

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #577 on: July 06, 2015, 10:09:31 AM »

Good Morning,

I'm using a poor mans bonded FTTC setup (L2 VPNs over each FTTC line, bonded, to a box in the DC) - sadly it looks like the IPs from the dedicated hosting provider are blocked on your site.

The IP(s) I use are dedicated, is it possible to get an allow set up?  Happy to make a £30 donation for your time/service, but right now I can only access the site if I enable another VPN or drop the FTTC bond.

Thanks,

Ed

UPDATE: Oh, trying again this morning it seems your ACLs may have been refreshed since I tried last week - I seem to be able to access the site now?  Donation on its way as promised.
Hi and many thanks for the generous donation  ;D

Yes, I spotted it on the console monitor and removed the block...

I use Connectify Dispatch to software bond both the main VDSL2 and backup ADSL2+ lines here and works well using two NICs on my proxy server. Gives me another 9Meg download on top of the normal 33Meg (for the apps specified that can safely use it and don't need a fixed IP which the VDSL2 is)....
Tony
My Books!

iMx

« Reply #578 on: July 06, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »

Many thanks - I seem to have some problems with dslstats, giving the 'No data returned in the latest sample' error - left it running for 10 minutes or more.  This is using a TG589V3 in bridge mode (routing/NAT-ing setup so modems are accessible via telnet), can telnet from the Windows box hosting it just not from dslstats it seems.  Disabled firewalls etc in Windows.

Not really a Windows person, but will dig some more later and see if I can get things going - if not post in a more appropriate place.

EDIT: Just found a post that mentions about not supporting VDSL2 on this modem at the moment, will give MDWS a whirl if/when I decide to return to an HG612, although the TG589 does seem to give me a better sync rate on my lines.  Will probably just knock up a munin script for now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:21:38 AM by iMx »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #579 on: July 06, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »

EDIT: Just found a post that mentions about not supporting VDSL2 on this modem at the moment

The DSLstats pre-release version v5.5.4 adds VDSL2 support to the TG589vnV3, and also adds MDWS upload capability for Thomson/Technicolor modems. As with all Thomson/Technicolor modems, the support is limited by what data is available through its custom CLI.
  Eric

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #580 on: July 06, 2015, 10:39:55 AM »

Thanks Eric, you beat me to it....
Tony
My Books!

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #581 on: July 06, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »

Ah, so your Avatar is Mike Hawthorn, not you :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »

Ah, so your Avatar is Mike Hawthorn, not you :)

Er yes  :cool:
Tony
My Books!

iMx

« Reply #583 on: July 06, 2015, 12:14:53 PM »

EDIT: Just found a post that mentions about not supporting VDSL2 on this modem at the moment

The DSLstats pre-release version v5.5.4 adds VDSL2 support to the TG589vnV3, and also adds MDWS upload capability for Thomson/Technicolor modems. As with all Thomson/Technicolor modems, the support is limited by what data is available through its custom CLI.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I also tried 5.5.4 and got the same problem - basic settings, default IP/username etc, technicolor box ticked.  Have knocked up a munin script for now, as I have 2 lines I want to monitor (although I appreciate this is probably not overly common).

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #584 on: July 06, 2015, 12:43:23 PM »

NB I'm happily running 5.5.4 and MDWS with a TG582n although as Eric says, there is very limited data available...
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 129