Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567384 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »

Since realising my time was wrong on the RPi :-X , i'm now showing as yellow in the all user stats, and apparently as being a Non-uk user?

I'm now uploading in the correct time though, but the website is still showing I'm not?

user: jidavies

Hi

Looks like it's auto corrected itself now and you show as uploading/online currently  :) , the time offset is only checked periodically after it's first set....

Cheers
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »

Since realising my time was wrong on the RPi :-X , i'm now showing as yellow in the all user stats, and apparently as being a Non-uk user?

I'm now uploading in the correct time though, but the website is still showing I'm not?

user: jidavies

Hi

Looks like it's auto corrected itself now and you show as uploading/online currently  :) , the time offset is only checked periodically after it's first set....

Cheers

Thanks Tony!

I donated in December, I'll put in a bigger one next month, thanks for all the hard work, love the site knowing its there in the background, was invaluable when I had a BT OR engineer here a few weeks back!

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2015, 08:14:49 PM »

Thanks Tony!

I donated in December, I'll put in a bigger one next month, thanks for all the hard work, love the site knowing its there in the background, was invaluable when I had a BT OR engineer here a few weeks back!

Jamie

Thanks for the kind offer, very quiet this month with only one donation so far....  A lot of new Registrations though.

Nice to know that OR engineers also find MDWS useful, nothing like evidence in black and white (well colour but you know what I mean ). Shame that there's no support for the HH5 et al to get some upload data into MDWS.... Even the basic SNRM/Speed would be something.
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2015, 10:49:49 PM »

Nice to know that OR engineers also find MDWS useful,

Not all, the one I had just said i don't understand what your showing me  :o

and i'll sort you out this month, it's just Amazon took £79.00 out of my account it called Amazom Prime look at the small print and don't get caught out !
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:56:19 PM by NewtronStar »

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2015, 12:25:44 AM »

Thanks for the kind offer, very quiet this month with only one donation so far....  A lot of new Registrations though.

Nice to know that OR engineers also find MDWS useful, nothing like evidence in black and white (well colour but you know what I mean ). Shame that there's no support for the HH5 et al to get some upload data into MDWS.... Even the basic SNRM/Speed would be something.

Give me a week or two and I'll help out :)

The OR engineer was very impressed, straight away he saw what I was talking about, and was able to understand there was a problem!
Kind Regards
Jamie

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2015, 08:44:43 AM »

Outage

Due to some unplanned DB maintenance there were no modem record uploads collected between ~08:00 and ~08:30 this morning.

You should also find that graph updates have been running much more quickly for the past 24 hours (except around 07:45 this morning...)
Tony
My Books!

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »

Outage

Due to some unplanned DB maintenance there were no modem record uploads collected between ~08:00 and ~08:30 this morning.

You should also find that graph updates have been running much more quickly for the past 24 hours (except around 07:45 this morning...)

Thanks Tony.

Is it me or is the site slower loading recently?
Kind Regards
Jamie

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »

Hi Tony

I'm finding that the site is loading slowly today also, more so since around 5pm.

All the rest is great.

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2015, 07:56:19 AM »

Hi Tony
I'm finding that the site is loading slowly today also, more so since around 5pm.
All the rest is great.

Tony

Just had a chance to look at the logs for you - the server keeps custom logs for every access that users make with times to 1ms for debugging this sort of thing, from the time the page or graph starts initial load through to when the load has finished. I can only see one access for you at 17:22:49 when the main Container page initially loaded with two graphs up, 24Hr SNRM and ES.  Main page was 4 secs to load which is about normal and both graphs then loaded each in about 1 second which is good  (inc processing at your end).

However, I can see from other logs that you tried several more times to load the main page around then,  presumably with no response? Why I don't know, there are no indications of problems at that time.

Later on in the day maybe. My line (the server runs here) is ****** at the moment if you have a look at the SNRM. Some really bad evening noise started up a couple of days ago that  is taking the SNRM down to near 0 at times and my latency has gone from 8ms to 26 ms or so after DLM poked it's nose in. However, the data is served back to you via what is the U/S here and that isn't particularly affected (its on fast path anyway) and there isn't a lot of data to send.

I have remote access to a terminal some 100 miles away and will keep an eye on performance on that later.

The same applies to jid, nothing obvious. Having said that there are times when a page load seems to take forever and I've never found out why.

Problem is that all this takes time to work through, occasionally I feel like throwing the sever out the window  :-X , and it is after all a 'spare time' project that, at times, takes over my life.....  :'(   Fixes don't always work either as expected although yesterday morning's database change seems to have permanently boosted response time as far as delivering the data back to the user goes for the majority.

I am about to restart the server for a software upgrade  in case anyone notices a blip shortly.

Edit: 10 min outage when software 'upgrade' had to be removed  ???
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:16:09 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »

Tony

Thanks for the info. Loaded up fine just now, so as you say perhaps a IT blip that we never know why :-\

Best

Tony

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2015, 10:06:33 AM »

Tony
Thanks for the info. Loaded up fine just now, so as you say perhaps a IT blip that we never know why :-\
Best
Tony

Okay but maybe not. I may have spotted a problem that is causing the delay as I found several of 10 secs or more in logs so I've removed the offending bits of code (just some logging that is failing to output anything - timeout?) and see what happens.
Tony
My Books!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2015, 10:10:40 AM »

Thanks for the update ;)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2015, 10:43:59 AM »

Tony
Best
Tony

Okay but maybe not. I may have spotted a problem that is causing the delay as I found several of 10 secs or more in logs so I've removed the offending bits of code (just some logging that is failing to output anything - timeout?) and see what happens.

Seems faster today Tony :)

Didn't realise you ran the server from home, in which case the odd bit of a slow down at peak time is to be expected :)

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

big360

« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2015, 08:42:55 AM »

Hi , I've been having issues the last few days with the MDWS site becoming inaccessible from my broadband connection. It still works fine from my phone. I'm wondering if its the "Port Scan and DoS Protection" setting on my router. (Netgear DGND3700v2). Strange that its only just recently started happening

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »

At 07:55 this morning the Internet connection (but not sync to the cab) went down for best part of 30 mins -  others users in the road nearby were also affected. As a result about 25 people lost their upload connection to MDWS and have not resumed uploading so you might want to check that you are if you were  ??? I've seen my client crash in the past when there has been a long outage.

Also I am completely unable to do anything with the server here as I have lost any connection to Google, can't even search using it.  Home page on MDWS is fine as is the Big User Stats page as they have no need of Google but all other pages do  - all's I see is 'connecting to Google. and ' waiting for  Google...' and very long timeouts.

Of two remote terminals I have access to, one is functioning normally but the other has the Google problem.

Anyone else have this problem with Google, maybe DNS? I may restart the modem later if no one has but that will mean  downtime again. Shame as the server ran very well for the 24 hours previous after some tweaks.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:56:56 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 129