Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567617 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »

Thanks again Tony.

You really are a star. ;D ;D

One more option you may care to think about implementing; as I am on a dynamic IP address and am unable to switch to a static one, I use the ping monitoring graphs from http://f8lure.mouselike.org/ a static png is produced just like the TBB ones http://f8lure.mouselike.org/proxyfirebrick.asp?ID=53705 or http://f8luresig.mouselike.org/sig.png?/53705.png

Ian

This does now basically work with either of the mouselike.org graphs you linked, sort of.... The thumbnails are a bit challenged in width due to space available and the popup is either too large or not wide enough depending on which version you use  :( Now fixed mostly but width is a bit browser dependant.

There seemed to be a problem with the thumbnail refresh anyway but that is hopefully now working with a fixed 3 minute refresh period currently. I'll try and fix the other problems when I get a moment and the code can tell which graph it's loading...

You will likely need an F5/Refresh or get the refresh time and popup working properly.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:13:04 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2014, 06:25:42 PM »

:drink: :congrats: :clap:

That is working fine.

Ian

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »

Thanks for increasing period to show from the max of 10 days to 30 days thats very helpful  :thumbs:

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2014, 11:27:25 PM »

Thanks for increasing period to show from the max of 10 days to 30 days thats very helpful  :thumbs:

That's okay thanks  :)   
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2014, 10:31:06 AM »

And you now have 60, 90 and 120 days as well  :)

Note that with 60 days, each plot point is about 2 hours apart (pro-rata for the others) so you lose all the detail (ES are handled to total correctly) but good for an overview of many stats. Also depressing to see what's happened to the line in many cases....

The 24 Hour graph option now displays the correct thumbnail graphs for ES and FEC. Again, note this is 24 Hours as in the current day starting 00:00 so will mostly not be the full 24 hours.

NB the Range option is not very usable currently over longer period and needs a rewrite. I may remove it temporarily.

As the new server and its revised database is between 2 and 10 times faster overall than the old one at delivering data back to you to process locally (the graphs are actually calculated and plotted on your local machine if anyone wondered - which is why a Raspberry Pi takes forever if you try it), the 24 Hour set of graphs can probably be made to auto refresh now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:57:07 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »

(the graphs are actually calculated and plotted on your local machine if anyone wondered - which is why a Raspberry Pi takes forever if you try it),

Thats why i just let the RPi gather the stats and use the PC to look at the stats  :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »

Donations

A bit late but a Christmas Thank You to those users who kindly donated some much needed extra funds to help keep the old (expensive) MyDSLWebStats server going until the replacement was ready and a for few more recent donations. The new server has now been up and running for two weeks and the old one retired.

Thanks go to:

g3uiss pooclah (twice) roseway plutox myadsl

:clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all users  :drunk: :drink:

Donations will still be gratefully received of course
Tony
My Books!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »

Tony, is there a problem atm.  I dont seem to be able to get any SNRm stats for more than 5 days.

Ive tried using both range and current, but neither work and I get the date Jan1 00:00 keep coming up - see attached.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2014, 11:31:14 AM »

I can confirm that there is an problem with SNRM. 

I have a quick question -- I am away for Xmas but left things running via raspberry pi and dslstats.  I notice that data upload to  MDWS seems to have ceased exactly from the time that I logged into MDWS yesterday from another location.  A ping monitor is still running so I assume the house has not burnt down!!. 

Could logging in from another location cause any issue with the upload and logging?

I am not expecting a reply any time soon as I expect you will have other Xmas priorities.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2014, 04:20:29 PM »

Tony, is there a problem atm.  I dont seem to be able to get any SNRm stats for more than 5 days.

Ive tried using both range and current, but neither work and I get the date Jan1 00:00 keep coming up - see attached.

I knew I shouldn't have checked in here   ::)

Couldn't see anything wrong from my location but using a proxy server shows the problem.  I've put back some code that was changed late yesterday in the area where the data is fetched and that seems to have fixed it viewing via the proxy so I'll try to find out what's causing it later. 

Back to Christmas now  :sleep:
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

I can confirm that there is an problem with SNRM. 

I have a quick question -- I am away for Xmas but left things running via raspberry pi and dslstats.  I notice that data upload to  MDWS seems to have ceased exactly from the time that I logged into MDWS yesterday from another location.  A ping monitor is still running so I assume the house has not burnt down!!. 

Could logging in from another location cause any issue with the upload and logging?

I am not expecting a reply any time soon as I expect you will have other Xmas priorities.

Hopefully SNRM is fixed.

There is no relationship at all between the data upload operation and logging on/off/changing IP for a user so that wouldn't be the cause.

Also, your last data upload was 13:47 while your logon with a changed IP was at 14:21...

Maybe a glitch at the moment you accessed the server. See if the DSLStats log shows anything? My own RPi seems to recover quite happily from connection glitches though.
Tony
My Books!

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »

Many thanks for the info.  I have not had my Rasp pi stop logging before and I did did not get round to enabling remote access from outside the lan.   I will have to see what has happened when I get home next week.  As I mentioned ping to the router from TBB is working so the house must still be there.  I also can't see any resyncs on the TBB ping.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:01 AM »

Hopefully SNRM is fixed.

Thank you :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2014, 09:15:27 AM »

Loaded up the mobile version to check my stats this morning and noticed a formatting problem with the date (see screenie).

Ian

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »

Loaded up the mobile version to check my stats this morning and noticed a formatting problem with the date (see screenie).
Ian

Oops!  :-[

Thanks and fixed - it was showing the truncated year as the day's date.....
Tony
My Books!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 129

anything