Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567208 times)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2014, 05:47:12 PM »

Tony

I have given this a bit more thought today.

Firstly, I monitor the SNRM as I have a problem in the early hours with noise, with CRC in a pane below. Your great improvement showing the "gap" in this graph, made the lack of logging obvious, otherwise I might not have noticed. If "clystron" is not looking at SNRM it may not be obvious he has the same issue.

Secondly, I'm convinced this issue arose after the MS patches on Tuesday they involved a lot of security issues especially with SSL and certificates. I've already had some MS Exchange credential issues since, might it be that only 2 of us are using this weeks patches on windows boxes ?

Thirdly I have setup up two scheduled tasks now to avoid the "Lockout Period" 01:04 - 23:59 = 22:58:00 and 0001 - 0059 = 00:58:00. I'm happy to provide an xml file to import these if any one needs them. I trust you think my maths is correct here.

Finally, is the scale on the SNRM "x" axis different to all others as it appears so on my display ?

Hope this information is useful and I will confirm if the "Gap" between 00:59 and 01:04 stops the issue tomorrow (The gap between 00:59 and 00:01 was intentional to avoid task scheduler issues)

Tony

Thanks.

Yes, SNRM is different as it now covers the requested period exactly rather than using what data is available and can be incomplete. It can get a bit out though if the user is on and off air a lot (excuse the analogy!). If you stack several users graphs on top of each other they should all match for SNRM. I do have an experimental page that can display 16 users graphs at once for comparison and that works well with SNRM.

The scheduled tasks look fine to me although I would guess 01:02 would work at the moment. Um, I haven't run this week's updates yet on my Win7 terminal.... Maybe I won't for a while  :no:

Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

Yes I saw the SNRM graphs matched, just slightly out with other measurements, still its brilliant anyway.

I might change to 0102 after it runs OK. I have a couple of ESXi hosts here so I could run up an unpatched W7 machine and test that also, just useful to know why!

I guess I could force the lockout by changing the password slightly  for testing ?

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2014, 08:35:22 AM »

The split of the schedule tasks worked perfectly and apart from missing a few minutes it carried on normally. I had a drop for there minutes at 0418, but I see a couple others did. The curl error was  7, couldn't connect to host. I guess a network blip.

Thanks, if anyone has a similar problem use the task times I suggested above.

Tony

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »

The errored seconds look different from bar chart to line chart it will take a bit of getting used to  :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »

The errored seconds look different from bar chart to line chart it will take a bit of getting used to  :)

As posted elesewhere here, there seems to be a bug in the Column Charts where if the errors exceed a certain value and count, the bars just don't display, especially Upstream. For the moment, and I know everyone is used to viewing bars for ES, the charts for now display as Line Charts like all the other ones but at least all the values are now visible for the longer periods - even if they do look like a map of the Pyrenees at times
Tony
My Books!

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2014, 09:09:56 PM »

Hmmm this may be a hard question to answer tbailey2 do you know how much upload is sent per minute / sample to server it's just as I'm now running the stats 24/7 on the Raspberry Pi it would help me calculate the usage per month as I only have 40GB monthly allowance.

Cheers NS

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2014, 09:56:52 PM »

is uploading even counted in your allowance?

I havent measured it but this wont be an issue, you uploading small text files.  Not movies.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »

is uploading even counted in your allowance?

I havent measured it but this wont be an issue, you uploading small text files.  Not movies.

Yes Download and Upload are both connected to the allowance, for example you could download 20GB per month and upload 20GB you have then reached your 40GB limit.

Info from the router the 0.1GB transmitted data has been like this for 3 days  :-\

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:23:25 PM by NewtronStar »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »

According to my calculations the uploaded amount will be less than 2 MB per day for a VDSL2 connection. It will vary a bit, depending on the user's system.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #204 on: October 20, 2014, 11:09:21 PM »

According to my calculations the uploaded amount will be less than 2 MB per day for a VDSL2 connection. It will vary a bit, depending on the user's system.

Thanks Roseway

With that info the upload total for a month will work out as 392 MB upload data for a month thats good news  :dance:

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »

There are two new graphs available at the top of the Data to List dropdown just under the normal SNRM entry. Hit Update if you don't see them at first on a pane or F5 to update all panes at once.

SNRM/Band DS for the three available downstream plots by dB
SNRM/Band US for the three available upstream plots by dB

These may be useful for spotting problems that the normal SNRM graph doesn't show. As per the attachment which is somewhat awry (kitz)  ???
Tony
My Books!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2014, 11:41:01 AM »

Brilliant - thank you :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »

Agreed  :P

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2014, 12:54:04 PM »

Thanks for the comments  ;)
Tony
My Books!

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »

I think the errored seconds is much more clear and useful.

My only complaint is this can lead to compulsive obsessions about stats.

I hated them once  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 129

anything