Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 129

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring  (Read 567257 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 04:34:53 PM »

had a look at your 5 day history of snrm, that looks concerning to me, I dont think its due to what you might call the usual external radio interference, for 2 reasons, its not consistent every night and its excessive on its worst nights.  My gut guess it is some external device been used occasionally at night causing interference of some sort.  Its giving you FEC spikes so might be the difference between fast path and interleaving but on your current interleaving its not giving you any changes of note on CRC so looks like isnt affecting your stability, so from me its good and bad news.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »

Thanks, that sort of confirms what I thought. I'm not sure how I might trace that, I guess it started around the beginning of June when I went from Fastpath to 407 Interleaved. Given the times of the spikes I really have no idea. I don't think its in the home, unless I've overlooked something. There isn't much between here and the cab as its all residential, except the line path goes over a railway bridge (non electric). I'm not aware they are doing anything at night on the railway line.

I guess If it gets worse and the DLM kicks my speed down below the BT minimum, then I can get PlusNet to look, otherwise I don't suspect I can get anywhere.

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »

SITE UPGRADE   :)

The web software has now been upgraded to V1.1.0 - if you are actively running it you will want to hit F5 to pick up all the changes. We currently have 50 people registered and more joining every day. Don't forget that if you want comments on your stats and be able to keep a view of them while away from your base then this is the way to do it!

These notes are also available in the Change Log link at the bottom of the MyDSLWebStats window:

1)  Addition of RESYNC, LOS, LOF and LOM data.  This takes the form of a set of tables rather than graphs that list the dates on which these events occurred, most recent at the top. For the currently selected user, there is a table for each of the above events with appropriate data for each, all in the same pane.

Then below, another table with the most recent RESYNC data for every user with available data. Events for the current day are highlighted in red.

There is also a list of RESYNC codes and what they mean.

LOM and LOF data _may_ possibly help in identifying problems at the cabinet when an engineer is working on the wiring.

This pane auto-updates every minute.

2)  RESYNC E-mails. You will, by default, receive an e-mail when a RESYNC event occurs on your line. This gives detail of the time (which is accurate to +/- 1 minute), the current SYNC rates and the reason for the RESYNC. You can elect to turn these e-mails OFF using an entry in the Options menu at the bottom of the MyDSLWebStats window.

3)  All User Stats. This option has been updated and now shows more Users and  also allows you to list the data ordered by various parameters (SNRM, Sync, FEC, Offline etc etc) and in either Ascending or  Descending order.

This pane auto-updates every 30 seconds.   

4)  Assorted bug fixes and improvements in displayed data.

5)  The frequency at which the various Bits and Tone related files are uplodaed has been changed. They are now (if selected in the GUI) uploaded every 15 mins and then later, after two days deleted to leave one every hour and after 5 days, to one every day. This keeps the number of stored files down for data that  really isn't needed at the old frequencies. The Historical  option for these will pick up which files are available.

6)  Addition of 'proper' Apple Touch Icons for those with Apple devices for creating shortcuts to MyDSLWebStats.

Enjoy!
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »

I can't seem to get the all users graph to sort via order.  Changing the order by and direction both seem to refresh the graph, but it stays the same, update also has the same results.

I've also noticed on the 24hr graph that there is some text left at the bottom of the pane "Please wait a few seconds while the graphs loads"

This in Chrome on my tablet.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 04:51:18 PM »

I just checked the FTP log and a file transfer failed. Should be okay now if you hit Update. And a lot quicker as well.

I don't see that text in Chrome or Opera here on my tablet or two PCs - can you post a screen grab please? I know the text but it should be behind the graph, not under it or wherever.

I can't seem to get the all users graph to sort via order.  Changing the order by and direction both seem to refresh the graph, but it stays the same, update also has the same results.

I've also noticed on the 24hr graph that there is some text left at the bottom of the pane "Please wait a few seconds while the graphs loads"

Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 05:11:50 PM »

Ah I thought you meant the normal 24 hr graph, not the 24Hr selector... That is meant to be there and there is more text under it that you can scroll up to see.  It says

Please wait a few seconds while graphs load....
Once loaded you may select a title to see larger graphs (you'll need Pop-ups enabled)

It wasn't intended to be invisible after loading. I don't see it here at all as it's just outside the visible area on my display. I seem to remember I was going to make the graphs smaller vertically to show it.

Edit: which I have now done.

==

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:16:46 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

Ronski

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2014, 05:28:47 PM »

I can confirm it's now working, and all the text is visibl, nice improvements,  thanks.

I may not have the fastest connection, but we do seem to get the most FEC errors on our works connection.

I take it that quite a few users have opted to keep their stats private, a quick count only shows 29 users?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2014, 05:44:49 PM »

Private stats isn't an option currently as no one has asked. The others are Registered but just watching currently.

I can confirm it's now working, and all the text is visibl, nice improvements,  thanks.

I may not have the fastest connection, but we do seem to get the most FEC errors on our works connection.

I take it that quite a few users have opted to keep their stats private, a quick count only shows 29 users?
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »

can we have an option to make our own stats allow guest access?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »

can we have an option to make our own stats allow guest access?
Basically, no. It's not possible the way it's set up at the moment, nor likely to be an option in the future.
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2014, 10:10:31 PM »

is this due to policy rather than technical reasons? as your stats work for guest access.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 11:06:33 PM »

Because that's how I coded it as there was no one else using it at the time that was on 24/7....

Why are you so keen for everyone to see your stats then?

is this due to policy rather than technical reasons? as your stats work for guest access.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:12:16 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2014, 04:24:42 AM »

got a few friends I want to show but they dont want to register just to view my stats.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2014, 07:09:07 AM »

Well if they can't be bothered to Register then that answers that....

got a few friends I want to show but they dont want to register just to view my stats.
Tony
My Books!

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2014, 07:11:00 AM »

g3uiss
Thanks for the Donation to the cause! Much appreciated  :thumbs:
Tony
My Books!