Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: *Good* HLOGs and QLNs  (Read 1660 times)

boost

• Reg Member
*Good* HLOGs and QLNs
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »

Might it be a good idea to start capturing a bunch of known good HLOGs and QLNs? People only post on here when they have a problem, generally, so all we're ever likely to see is dodgy graphs :P

For me, as a noob to all this stuff, there was nothing to reference any of these pretty graphs against so it can be tricky to look at a graph and see, let alone understand, the anomalies.

We could possibly categorise them as:

HLOG

-ADSL1
-ADSL2
-ADSL2+

-FTTC

QLN

As above ^ ? :)

I suppose the question then remains, what filtering process to use for 'good' ones?

1. All fastpath lines?
2. All lines that have held synch for >7d?
3. Any lines reporting no/single digit HECs/CRCs?

I could dig out an email addy if that's easier for some people and then dropbox/post them on here?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: *Good* HLOGs and QLNs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »

I know what your saying Boost the more graphs you can compare the better understanding you gain, HLOGs are mostley static here with a nice gradual diagonal line the QLN's are by far the most interesting one's yet they are again static as your QLN is not realtime its a snapshot after a re-sync.

You would get a better realtime understanding of line noise/RFI effecting the tones by looking at the Bitloading Graphs in DSlstats as you see the tones being fragmented by Noise & RFI every minute.

My Static QLN since last re-sync 9 days ago ->